Old dog new to forum.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lenny, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Lenny

Lenny

Hi

My name’s Lenny. I’m from USA, Clarksburg WV. I’m 66 years old and recently retired.

I recently came back to this hobby after a 30 year absence. Back in the early 80’s, I had what I thought was a decent stereo system with a Pioneer receiver, turntable and tape deck. I had a Realistic equalizer and a pair of Realistic speakers for backup. My main speakers were Sonics that I revamped by buying a better pair of woofers and tweeters.
    It sounded good to me.

Anyway, I simply dropped out of the hobby in the late 80’s. But, upon retirement I decided to get back in.

My system is very modest at best. With a Sony receiver, an Audio Technica turntable, a pair of Sony speakers and a pair of Polk Audio speakers. I also have a Sony turntable. Again, it sounds good to me.

However, I was shocked to discover the high priced, extraordinarily good equipment now available. I wouldn’t dream of comparing my system with the that high end equipment.

Nonetheless, I enjoy this hobby: looking for the right piece of equipment that improves the sound at an affordable price. As an example, I have recently been upgrading my Sony turntable with a better stylus, cork mat, verifying speed, checking isolation, and balance. It now sounds acceptable to me.

Anyway, I hope to learn and perhaps someday contribute to this forum.

Lenny.

Lenny, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Lenny

Ian

Hi there Lenny,

Welcome to the forums :).

Ian, Mar 6, 2020
Ask a Question