Opera in "Hannibal"

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by tones, Feb 24, 2006.

1. tones

tones compulsive cantater

I borrowed "Hannibal" for the train trip home tonight, and was most impressed by the gorgeous bit of opera therein. Anyone know what it is?

tones, Feb 24, 2006
  2. tones

wolfgang

I need to look it up myself since it never occur to me do so before. If it was the outdoor opera, Dante's "La vita nuova", which Dr. Lecter and Mr. Pazzi see in Florence, it was a 3 minute part especially composed for the movie.

It was produced by Patrick Cassidy and Hans Zimmer. Never the less as it was so well received the story goes they go on to composed an entire opera ......... maybe they hope some one would help them to stage it one day.

http://www.deccaclassics.com/music/soundtracks/hannibal.html

wolfgang, Feb 25, 2006
  3. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Many thanks for that, Wolfgang. That explains why it sounded "modern" in its orchestration - it just didn't sound quite right for a 19th century opera. But very nice toon - and just the thing to play when you're having someone for dinner...

tones, Feb 25, 2006
Ask a Question