Operation Teac (back to the future)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wadia-miester, Sep 8, 2003.

1. wadia-miester

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Ok, Timpy managed to dump the camera on to the PC tonite, so here a little late, but none the less vaild is the 'Slight rearrangement' of Timpy's main drive :)

Before commencing surgery, take all percautions :D

[​IMG]

Diagnosis, not quite terminal :D just a severe case of non dynamic life :( , note captive lead removed from lower right hand main power board.

[​IMG]

Next we see the ability of the Teac to 'get into the swing' with Juice inut enhancement module fitted ;)

[​IMG]

Here are the new power cables fitted from the newly IEC socket

[​IMG]

The new clock never connected power supply can be seen here, fitted against the back panel, the clock is fitted on the under side of the main left hand side circuit board, approx 20mm off the main clock input on pin 53.

[​IMG]

Thats all we have, so that how Timpys Teac suddenly got all serious and good. Wm

wadia-miester, Sep 8, 2003
  2. wadia-miester

Mr_Sukebe

Wow, talk about useful photos.

I was a little unsure where to stick my clock, so that will be rather helpful, great photos, thanks.

Mr_Sukebe, Sep 8, 2003
  3. wadia-miester

Mike, remember thats the T1 transport not the player, very little space in the player, as it had the dac and analogue section in there too :eek:
    Interesting, today, I've finished Mike Lab's Teac too, and we stacked em' up and did a back to back, the Teac has that inheient 'Big sound' just waiting to come out, although Mike's is much better than stock, it's still some way of Timp's at the MO, due to being Virginal hours on the caps, as things they does's what improve with age (unlike the Pink fish squardon, crotchity old duffers the lot of em' ;) ) WM

wadia-miester, Sep 8, 2003
  4. wadia-miester

hsanaz

Very intesting .......not seen inside one before

hsanaz, Sep 9, 2003
  5. wadia-miester

michaelab desafinado

Thanks for the pics Tone - now I know what my Teac has just been through :D Looking forward to hearing it.

I've just lent my DAC64 to a friend for a couple of days so at the moment I'm back using the humble old Marantz CD50SE as a stand alone player :cry: Still, it's not as bad as I'd imagined it would be, but then it has got a Trichord Clock 3 in there :)

Michael.

PS: It's not Mike Lab - my username "michaelab" stands for Michael A. B. - A and B being my last two initials ;)

michaelab, Sep 9, 2003
  6. wadia-miester

Mike, I've done a little bit more to yours, than Timpy's, when he saw those little extras he started to question my parentage :eek: , I been damping more in another area's plus replace a few more secondary leads.
    If you wanted to do more, then there's a whole host of 'other' things to do. WM

wadia-miester, Sep 9, 2003
Ask a Question