Opinions on Oracle Delphi MkIV

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ken, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Ken

Ken

HI,

I am still fairly new on here, but I guess it is a great place to ask.

Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) with the Oracle Delphi Mk IV Turntable.

It has been upgraded with MK V suspension springs.

I have lusted after one for 20 odd years, a dealer in Australia has one for sale with an SME V arm. I presumed it was out of my price range until the dealer made me a decent offer for a turntable I wanted to part exchange.

Any comments on SME V would be welcome.

Ken

Ken, Jul 27, 2004
  2. Ken

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Ken,

I have not heard an Oracle in a long while. I must admit that most of the systems I heard an Oracle turntable in weren't always to my liking. They seem to lack a tightness to the sound. I always thought you could do better for less money. Having said that most of these times were at HiFI shows. I did hear one at my dealers once and wasn't over impressed. It sounded alright but a Roksan showed it a clean pair heels. The latest oracle deck has a very good review in the UK and the deck has it's fans worldwide.

You should be in a good position to get a home dem. In your system it may do what you want. If you like the looks, the price & sound is right, then you could be onto a winner.

The SME V is an excellent arm. It is built to a high standard and will last for years. It offers a top notch sound quality & will handle a wide range of cartridges. Nearly all the Oracles I have seen have been with SME IV or V on them. I use a SME V on my Acutus turntable.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jul 27, 2004
  3. Ken

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Hi Ken

If you can get the combo at a good price then I'd go for it. I've heard plenty of good things about the Oracle and the SME V is very well regarded.

7_V, Jul 27, 2004
Ask a Question