Opinions on this speaker please.

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Paul Dimaline, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Paul Dimaline

Paul Dimaline

I have found this design and realy quite fancy having a go. Size wise they are acceptable, although I would like to extend the cabinet down to make them into a floorstander (void to sand fill or house X-Overs) and would make a curved front baffle and make the horn out off wood, similar in style to these but without the seperate horn unit.

B&C drivers seem very well regarded and are easily available in this country for affordable money (about £400 for the 4 units) and the looks have wife approval!

Anyone have any comments?

Cabinet plans and X-Over

Bass driver

HF unit

Paul.

Paul Dimaline, Nov 21, 2006
  2. Paul Dimaline

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

bottleneck, Nov 21, 2006
  3. Paul Dimaline

lordsummit moderate mod

Yeah go vintage, just got some Klipsch Heresy's to play with and they're sounding rather nice after a bit of fiddling...

lordsummit, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Paul Dimaline

Paul Dimaline

Fair comments about going vintage but I need to lose the vintage looks to please SWMBO :D

Although not at the point of no return there is now a sheet of 18mm birch ply sat in the garage ready for work to commence. I will start cutting this weekend if time permits. I am open for ideas on what finish to use......initial thoughts are wood/leather for the baffle but I quite fancy the idea of stainless steel or brushed anodised aluminium for the sides.

Paul.

Paul Dimaline, Nov 22, 2006
Ask a Question