Organise your library - Bliss!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by RobHolt, May 21, 2012.

1. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

Well 'Bliss' software to be precise, something I've been playing with over the past couple of days.

If like me you have a large iTunes managed library you'll have noticed that it doesn't always play by the rules adopted by many other players.
    Primary among these is the way artwork is captured and stored. Sometimes this gets imbedded correctly into the file, sometimes not, and sometimes the cover jpg is missing altogether.

Then there is the way that user supplied artwork is stored, and the lack of standardisation over file sizes.

iTunes itself seems to cope with this reasonably well if that is your default player, but other devices running different software accessing the iTunes library can have problems.
    The Squeezebox is a good example. Every album in my iTunes library has artwork and it displays correctly in that program. However, the SB only picks up about 30% due to incorrect tagging, incompatible file sizes and wrong locations.

Enter Bliss, which will analyse your entire library, download any missing artwork and correctly imbed this within the files. That's just the start.
    You also have the option to modify tags and move files.
    None of this is difficult of course, but the trick here is that Bliss will bulk convert/modify your entire library, and from my experience with it the results are impressive.

Squeexebox and the associated remotes such as iPeng now work correctly and display all artwork.

You get a free trial which allows 100 corrections, then need to purchase a licence for £30 which allows unlimited use.

Highly recommended.

http://www.blisshq.com/index2.html

RobHolt, May 21, 2012
  2. RobHolt

zygote23

I thought I'd give this a quick blast. It runs away in the background but It doesn't give you any real feel of control. I like to see in a nice list whats been added/changed.

Hope you have better luck uninstalling it as it sees to have been permanently embedded on my PC. No uninstall option in the control panel and the uninstaller does not work that came with the program....

I'll stick with Mp3tag....

Edit - Had to check inside the actual program folder in windows for uninstall script. I like the idea of this but I just wouldn't trust it with my whole library. As I said previously.....I'll batch fix as I rip using Mp3 Tag

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    zygote23, May 22, 2012
  3. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

Uninstaller...... my, that's just so Windows and 90s :)
    I used it on a mac.

You can see real time activity and what is being done by selecting the 'activity' tab.

RobHolt, May 22, 2012
  4. RobHolt

jonesi

Have you tried the 'genre consolidation' feature yet Rob? My collection has over 50 different genres at the moment which is too much to be useful.

jonesi, May 31, 2012
Ask a Question