Ovation loudspeaker from Overkill Audio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 7_V, Sep 19, 2003.

1. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

This is an expensive speaker combining the Manger full-range driver with a "patented Firebird bass system".

Does anyone have the SP on this? Have you heard it or any system using Manger drivers?

I'd like to know anyone's impressions.

Thanks
    Steve

7_V, Sep 19, 2003
  2. 7_V

merlin

Steve,

I was dealing with the guy there as he wants to try the Tact gear. He envisages having the Ovations employing DSP generated crossovers and digital amps, seems everyone will be doing this in a year or so;)

We had a get together planned but, cometh the hour, our speaker manufacturer went silent and didin't respond to mails:rolleyes: I also understand he planned on distributing a number of products, but this seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Overkill are due to be at the show next weekend, we will have to see if they turn up for that one:D

Re Manger, yep heard them in Audio Physics and Manger speakers themselves. It's certainly fast, transparent, and offers low levels of perceived distortion. I am unsure as to the best application however. Am tempted to try some to run with my new Frickin Awesomes;)

merlin, Sep 19, 2003
  3. 7_V

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Steve, Mangers are top notch drivers try the Zero Box range of speakers :)

wadia-miester, Sep 19, 2003
  4. 7_V

mjd

Steve

TNT - audio have reviews on Manger speakers on their web site. Looking at Mangers uk site I like the look of the Swing speaker and their new sub could be interesting. Hope this helps.

Mike

mjd, Sep 19, 2003
  5. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Thanks everyone for your information on this. I may be running with/against the Ovations on an overseas distribution deal that I'm looking at for Seventh Veil.

Merlin, re. your new Frickin Awesomes, I see no reason why we should fall out over this. Why don't we let my lawyers have a chat with your lawyers? :argue:

We'll just get together for a couple of Pimms or G & Ts and listen to some music. Sorry, I've forgotten. Do you do music? :MILD:

Steve

7_V, Sep 19, 2003
  6. 7_V

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Steve I auditioned the Menger speakers before buying the Blue Heron's, they are more your cup of tea than mine sir. Tone

wadia-miester, Sep 19, 2003
  7. 7_V

merlin

WM I can see why they wouldn't be your cup of tea;)

They don't really do rock or have ultimate dynamic swing, think more small elecrostatic in a box:D

Well Steve, I guess that depends on your definition of music;)

Oh and just wait for the matching pair of NSS, or No Such Satellites to give them their full name:p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2003
    merlin, Sep 19, 2003
  8. 7_V

Gustavo

Related to this post.

Why manger speakers use two mid-high range drivers in different directions? Do they have some soundstage issues to do this? Are they good as the testers said?

Thank you.

Gustavo, Feb 16, 2004
Ask a Question