Paging Gromitt & Uncle Antz re NAS

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by JohnMak, Feb 26, 2005.

1. JohnMak

JohnMak

Hi Gromitt,
    I see you have recently changed over to NAS and are an ex LP12 owner.

I will be buying a new TT on my trip back to Australia March 7th. It's my last chance to get one at a good price in Asia.

My choices were:
    1. Scheu Premier but too late ... the dealer has sold out.
    2. Spacedeck/Spacearm/MusicMaker MkII/Graham Slee Era Gold. Some say it is "slow" and "dark" Around $6,500 total. (Even this is more than I really wanted to spend)
    3. Michelle Gyro SE. Heard it with Rega arm and was not impressed.

Now, to confuse - a little - a slightly used Linn LP12 / EkosMkII / Akiva / LingoMkII and Linto system has come available at $12,500. (This is a lot more than I wanted to spend but I used to have ethis system years ago and wish I had never sold it - I could do it at a push)

I would really appreciate hearing your views on the differences between the NAS now that you've lived with it a little and you have owned an LP12.
    Did the guys in Walrus give you any views on where the NAS sits in the grand scheme of TT heirarchy?

Of course, any other forummers comments are welcome also.

Auditioning and deciding are not an option. I will have less than one day to audition and it will be the NAS, the LP12 or nothing. Last chance for me.
    I have heard the NAS and the Scheu, but not in any particularly meaningful comparative situation. Both were pretty good. But the Scheu is out of the equation now.

JohnMak, Feb 26, 2005
Ask a Question