Philips CDR880 player/recorder - no sound

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dain, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dain

Dain

I blew out the pot because it crackled loudly when used to change the recording level, can you use too much air when blowing out?

Also, 1st I disconnected 2 ribbons to allow the front to come out a little further in order to get better access to blow out tbe pot but forgot to reconnect them before powering back up - obvs the unit didn't work so I reconnected and powered up again but now there is no sound or sound levels. It still recognizes tracks etc, and appears to be playing them, just no sound.

Have I fried it?

Dain

Dain, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Dain

field effect

Hi Dain
    Check the cables again, maybe turning off and on again might fix too. compressed air is probably not the best to use, rather there are contact cleaning products that might work better. Also refer to the players schematic. you can usually find schematics and manuals at Hi fi engine.

Hope you sort it out.

field effect, May 11, 2020
  3. Dain

Dain

Loose ribbon connections! I must have nudged them when tinkering, and it doesn't take much as some of them have a sort of sub spade push fitting. All good.

Dain, May 12, 2020
Ask a Question