PrimaLuna Prologue Two integrated valve amp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Anthony, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Anthony

Anthony

Now SOLD :)

For sale is my lovely PrimaLuna Prologue Two integrated valve amp which has given me a lot of musical enjoyment and got me hooked on valves.

Lots of information, reviews etc. can be found here www.pistolmusic.co.uk and here http://www.primaluna.nl

It’s in Minty Mcmint, tippy top condition, build quality and finish is superb, and I have the original box and manual. It’s one year old and was purchased from Trevor Martin at Guildford Audio. I like being completely open when selling so list any problems. It has only had one problem with the internal phono board not connected properly affecting output but this was quickly rectified by Trevor and has been perfect ever since.

It uses KT88 output tubes producing 40W, and has an autobiasing circuit so you never need to manually bias. It also means you can use other tubes like 6550s, EL34s, 6L6GCs etc. The manual lists all the tube changes you can make with the consent of the manufacturer (see the manual on the PrimaLuna website). This flexibility is great for tube rolling and a brilliant way to start with valve amps if you’ve never tried them before because there is no hassle involved whatsoever – just pop them in, turn on and away you go :) .

I had a PrimaLuna Phonologue MM internal phono stage added to the fourth input (Aux 2). I understand this is easily removed if you know how to use a soldering iron. It does sound very good though (to my ears at least). More info on the Pistol Music site.

In addition I have swapped out the inferior PrimaLuna branded KT88s (actually Shuguang tubes) and put in some new Svetlana Winged C KT88s (see photo below). These are way, way better and made a big difference to the stock tubes. I reckon they have had 400-450 hours use maximum, probably less (5 months at 2-3 hours average/day).

The amp costs £1,200 new, the internal phonostage is another £120, and the Svetlana KT88s cost £130 for a set of 4 - total new of £1450.

I am looking for £700 plus postage. I could drive it over if reasonably close, meet you half way, otherwise a courier of your choice.

Happy to answer any questions and you’re more than welcome to come round for a listen. I am based in Edinburgh

P.S. I'm a regular over on HiFiWigwam in case you are wondering who I am :) .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now SOLD :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
    Anthony, Jan 17, 2007
Ask a Question