Pro-ject audio family Full set - good idea?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Eljon, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Eljon

Eljon

Hi people,

I'm a newbie in a hi-fi world. Just got my Pro-Ject Carbon Espirit SB and now I need to get the rest of equipment. Cannot get my head around reading millions of reviews of tons of many amplifiers so I thought I can get the whole family of Pro-ject equipment: Pre Box RS (preamp) + Amp Box RS Mono (amplifier). I have to say that cannot go through all their equipment configurations, descriptions and very strange options.

My idea of hi-fi is: Only Vinyl, not going to listen to CDs, DAC or Tapes etc. Music wise: loads of really serious metal.

Can anyone know anything about Pro-Ject that could advise me in this matter, please?

Eljon, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Eljon

leaudiophile

Hi just received an email about your thread. Project fine as a Turntable but I would go for a different brand of amplifier, for example a Cyrus one or for more power a second hand cyrus 2. Look out for a Linn Intek integrated amp on ebay. Also a Audiolab 8000A. These amps sell for around £200-£400. They sound very smooth indeed. Cyrus have also made a new Cyrus one which is around £700 new. Cyrus amps have a smooth clean sound with excellent bass quality. I recommend you take your Turntable to a hifi dealer and listen to some amps with your own music. Don't fall for the salesman who wants to sell you anything. However second hand you'll find better quality for bargain prices. For Speakers look for some Monitor audio BX2's or BR2's or the newer Bronze 2's, lots of speaker for your cash. They are only £280 new. Speakers stands for your speakers then a good equipment rack. Speaker cables and RCA to connect your amps to the hifi. Here is a website for you to try: 2ndhandhifi.co.uk. Hope this helps any questions I'll answer the best I can.

leaudiophile, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Eljon

Eljon

Wow. Didn't expect such an extensive answer any time soon :) thank you so much. I will try to get a hold of Cyrus, I'm sure I can try it somewhere in London. It is a good idea, I find it extremely hard to find any info which equipment might go very well with the metal music.

Eljon, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Eljon

Eljon

I set my eyes on Cyrus ONE, integrated Phono and Bluetooth if I want to stream spotify.

Eljon, Oct 13, 2018
Ask a Question