Pro-ject RPM4

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mutant, Feb 9, 2004.

1. mutant

mutant

anyone heard this deck? Any opinions, good or bad appreciated. :)

mutant, Feb 9, 2004
  2. mutant

mutant

??

mutant, Feb 9, 2004
  3. mutant

Donut

Sorry to see you've had little response to your question mutant. The only thing I can add is that I have the rpm6 which I realy like. I moved up from the Debut II (which I also liked). I changed the cartridge to an Ortofon MC15 which I felt improved things over the OM5 :rolleyes: which came with the rpm6. I would expect the rpm4 to be between the two. What are you using at the moment?
    Donut

Donut, Feb 10, 2004
  4. mutant

lordsummit moderate mod

Tried it out against the Rega P3, preferred the Rega, it had more bite, was more incisive, imaged better, and did all the things vinyl does much better. I believe that the RPM 4 is a better bet with a different cart to the one they supply, but then you are getting into bigger money. If that was what I was spending I would go for the Rega every time. I bought a P3

lordsummit, Feb 11, 2004
  5. mutant

mutant

donut, im using a crappy piece of shit technics TT atm, but would like to get a decent cheap TT to get me started (£300 for the RPM4 from superfi, plus it has the looks. I don't own many records, but obviously that would change when i got a player that did them justice.

mutant, Feb 11, 2004
Ask a Question