Question about Chord Carnival bi-wire cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Goomer, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Goomer

Goomer

I've been given some of this and wanted to try it in my upstairs system, as the shorter length of the set I have would tidy up the room somewhat.

I have the bi-wire version, terminated (by Sevenoaks) with a pair of bananas at amp end and 2 pairs of bananas at speaker end, and I'm not sure which of the bananas goes into which speaker terminal - can anyone advise? From the side of the cable with the orange stripe running along it, the cable is terminated red banana, red banana, black banana, black banana - which red and black bananas make up a pair from these four?

Thanks for your advice, and I hope you all had an ace Christmas whatever you were doing.

Chris.

Goomer, Dec 27, 2005
  2. Goomer

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Doesn't make any difference, so long as you use one red and one black per speaker input pair.

SteveC, Dec 27, 2005
  3. Goomer

zanash

Convention might say that he treble would be red.....but as stated it makes not a jot of difference. You will of course get better soun removing the nasty brass 4mm bannanas, runing with clean shiney copper is best, the down side is that you have to keep trimming back as the copper oxidises.

zanash, Dec 27, 2005
  4. Goomer

Goomer

thanks for that - cable now plugged in and sounding fine. I understand what you're saying about bare cable connections, Zanash, but will just leave the bananas in place as they're already soldered on - if I was going down that route, I'd actually hard wire them to my amp but want the flexibilty of easy removal.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Goomer, Dec 27, 2005
Ask a Question