Question about forum software regarding Firefox

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, May 9, 2005.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I dunno if anyone remembers (Michael) a while back where I pointed out that there was a 'bug' where if you clicked back in your browser, it returned you to the previous page, but always at the top of the page, even if you weren't at the top of the page beforehand... and I seem to remember that there was a setting that had to be changed in the forum software that fixed it...

Well could anyone tell me what needs to be changed... an admin on another forum I go on has asked me to ask about it so he can fix it on his site, so can anyone tell me what needs to be done?

PBirkett, May 9, 2005
  2. PBirkett

michaelab desafinado

I believe it's something to do with the "Add No-Cache HTTP Headers" option but I can't be sure. The reason I'm not sure is that I would have expected setting that option to "Yes" to cause the problem (as the page is regenerated every time, even when you press back) but it is set to "Yes" here and the problem doesn't exist here.

Michael.

michaelab, May 9, 2005
  3. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Cheers :)

PBirkett, May 9, 2005
Ask a Question