Rage rising

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by julian2002, Apr 13, 2006.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

julian2002, Apr 13, 2006
  2. julian2002

andyoz

What's Michael Mann doing directing that crap.

He did one of my favourite movies though...."Heat"

andyoz, Apr 13, 2006
  3. julian2002

Hex Spurt

It's WWII and a group of American bomber pilots are sitting in a briefing room when in walks a British Air Commodore to address the boys.

"Now listen here chaps. We know you're used to flying missions at 10,000ft, but we're batting on a bit of a sticky wicket and we need to get bombing accuracy up. So we had a word with your chaps in the Pentagon and here's what we're going to do.

"If you drop your bombs from 5 thousand feet we'll give you all the Distinguished Flying Cross." Murmours of approval

"If you boys give Jerry a pounding from 3000ft then you'll get a Silver Star and a free drink in the Officers club." Excited chatter from the avaitors.

"And if any of you chaps are brave enough to get down to 2000ft then you'll each get a Distinguished Flying Cross and a weeks R&R in London." Shouts and cheers from the floor. Just then Buddy stands up and asks,
    "Gee, Sir, what happens if we get under 1000ft?"

"I wouldn't recommend that, old boy. You'll only get in the RAF's way."

Hex Spurt, Apr 14, 2006
  4. julian2002

michaelab desafinado

The article says that Michael Mann directed Top Gun which is complete bollox, it was directed by Tony Scott. I'm very surprised indeed that Michael Mann would have anything to do with this kind of rubbish. Two of his films: "Heat" and "Collateral" are some of the best things to have come out of Hollywood in recent years.

If people want to see a film about the Battle of Britain then they should watch Reach for the Sky, which is about Douglas Bader who had a huge impact on the outcome of the Battle of Britain.

Michael.

michaelab, Apr 15, 2006
  5. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

yeah i was wondering abou that.
    reach for the sky is a fantastic film.

julian2002, Apr 15, 2006
Ask a Question