Rega Planets

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Nogbadthebad, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Nogbadthebad

Nogbadthebad

I`ve got a Rega Planet CD player as have two of my friends and all three examples skip when the sound level gets moderately high, I`ve tried positioning it on the stone hearth to avoid the structure bourne stuff to no avail.
    Anybody having similar experiences ? Is there a fix?

Nogbadthebad, Jan 19, 2004
  2. Nogbadthebad

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

HOW LOUD do you play your music??? I've never ever got my original Planet to skip just from playing music... Knocking the rack, yeah, but playing music, no... Strange.

Are yours' the Mk1 version or 2? I think the build of the Mk1 is slightly better?

domfjbrown, Jan 19, 2004
  3. Nogbadthebad

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

My Planet - currently used as a transport and brilliantly modified by WM - stands on doorstop/superball supports (4 superballs mounted on doorstops). It works for me and, if you can find suitable doorstops, it's dirt cheap. Picture of an upside-down doorstop superball under speaker

7_V, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Nogbadthebad

Ed Needham

There was a batch problem with Planet 2000s (& Jupiters) about 3 years ago. There was a batch of the squidgy feet that were of the wrong hardness and the players jumped at high volume levels - play them moderately and no problem, crank it up and you think the laser is on it's way out.

If this is your problem, the only cure is replacement feet - your dealer should sort this out FOC.

Regards,

Ed.

Ed Needham, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Nogbadthebad

Nogbadthebad

Thanks everyone, what a relief.

Nogbadthebad, Jan 20, 2004
Ask a Question