Replacement Ortofon Stylus

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by daveb975, Mar 18, 2006.

1. daveb975

daveb975

I have managed to break the stylus on my Project Debut.

It has the standard Ortofon OM5e cartridge on it. I would qutie like to get a replacement today or tomorrow, but my local dealer only has a 10 stylus.

Would this work ok on my 5e cartridge?

daveb975, Mar 18, 2006
  2. daveb975

Paul Dimaline

Yes, no problem.

I have a 5E and have fitted a Stylus 20 and it is a huge improvement almost totally eleiminating end of side distortion compared to 5.

Paul.

Paul Dimaline, Mar 18, 2006
  3. daveb975

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Like Paul says, it will work perfectly. Its a straight slip on replacement, and a minor upgrade. The OM30 is where the big jump happens in the OM range, but the 10 is better than the 5e for sure.

Uncle Ants, Mar 18, 2006
  4. daveb975

daveb975

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't get a chance to go down to get the replacement in the end, but I think I will take the opportunity to upgrade to a 10 or 20 if there is an improvement to be had.

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading the cartridge anyway, but had decided to leave it and possibly upgrade the whole TT later in the year. This seems the prefect compromise.

daveb975, Mar 20, 2006
Ask a Question