Request to Wadia-miester

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Markus S, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Markus S

Markus S Trade

Hi,

this may be a bit unusual, but - may I politely suggest that you please change your handle?

I'm assuming that you selected your name to include the German word "-meister" (i.e., -master).

Instead of meister, you're using miester. This is plain wrong and hurts my eyes everytime I see it. Also, miester doesn't exist in German. The word "mies", however, means "bad, vile, second rate", and I'm sure that is not a connotation you want to inflict on Wadia.

If my own handle was "Wadia-masster" or some such, maybe it would hurt your eyes, too.

Thank you for considering my request.

Markus

Markus S, Jun 20, 2003
  2. Markus S

sideshowbob Trisha

Markus, the amazing thing is that he even spelt "Wadia" right.

-- Ian

:cool: Sorry Tone!

sideshowbob, Jun 20, 2003
  3. Markus S

ANOpax ESL-Meister

Markus

I understand your pain. The butchery inflicted on the English language by the inimitable WM is comparable to his massacre of the odd German word.

At least you only have to put up with it for just one word - we get it every sentence!:eek:

reg

ANOpax, Jun 20, 2003
  4. Markus S

michaelab desafinado

Being half-German I noticed the same thing in the early days of GrooveHandle and mentioned it to Tony but it seems to have stuck.

Now, since I own this place I could of course edit his username :JOEL: ....but I won't :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 20, 2003
  5. Markus S

Markus S Trade

Language Butchery

Ian, Reg

what Tone does to the English language hurts me, too - I read English about as well as German. However, over on PFM Tone has explained that he thinks faster than he types, and doesn't want to waste his time correcting his mistakes. Fair enough.

But that handle could be changed once, and then remain correct.

Markus

Markus S, Jun 20, 2003
  6. Markus S

tones compulsive cantater

Markus, if my memory serves me correctly, this misspelling of "Meister" was pointed out to Tony but he elected to leave it as it was. So, be prepared for no change. This may be one case where Ubung macht kein Meister!

tones, Jun 20, 2003
  7. Markus S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Ok guy's he goes, my large over incombered fingers cannot transmit my thoughts to posts in the same vein, I can move asteriods in the Van dinos belt :eek: , damn annoying too :mad: so I may appear seriously dim whitted and unintelliegable, however it's a 'Cunning Plan' much like my Handle, taken form BLack Adder II eposide 'Chains' where Edmond & Bloders get Kidnapped with a Bartwrurst and a 'Excuse' me Miester' so it's deliberate.
    Ian is also correct about my spelling of the word Wadia, however it's a lot shorter than 'Awesome' please don't offense at, It's just my little in-house joke with my 3 other selves, noting more overt than that. but thanks for chance to exercise the keyboard in the forum today, I find typing most irksome, telepathy is the key he guy's most useful for seriously long posts that shouldn't have been made :) Wadia-miester,Meister I run with that, then we'll take a vote

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2003
    wadia-miester, Jun 20, 2003
  8. Markus S

GrahamN

Now that's the scariest thing I've heard all day - imagine the B.Tone stream-of-consciousness being piped straight into your head :yikes:

GrahamN, Jun 20, 2003
  9. Markus S

GTM Resistance IS Futile !

At which point I'm rushing to find my mind control technique exersize book from my lessons with Yoda.... god knows just thinking such thoughts are bound to act as a becon for an unasailable assult ! :D

GTM

GTM, Jun 21, 2003
Ask a Question