[Review] kef ref 104/2

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by banpe2006, Jul 7, 2007.

1. banpe2006

banpe2006

kef ref 104/2

Picked these up from ebay a few weeks back and have had a good listen this last week...I know they got slated on here recently, but theyre very good indeed....cant switch them off....Got them for £270 and whilst both bottom paper bass isobaric units have seen better days, the mids are great and smooth....not a "hi fi" speaker, but a really musical and enjoyable listen.....a great buy for the cash and a different presentation to my current spendor bc1 / s100 speakers....just thought id post, cause for the cash these are a really super buy.....i prefer their sound to my Wilson Benesch arcs that I sold recently....bargain for anyone with 300 quid, thougyh quite difficult to get a pair in good cond. Ive heard that there are some other good kefs, though Ive never been interested in them really, but based on these, I may look at the kef route when I upgrade....any owners of kef who can recommend good kefs?

banpe2006, Jul 7, 2007
  2. banpe2006

melorib Lowrider

I bought a pair 1985, they still play in my EX's house...

Bass didnt go very deep for the size of the speakers, but otherwise very easy to drive, 92db, quite dynamic, nice mids and big stage...

Very good to tame "digital" sound too...

melorib, Jul 9, 2007
  3. banpe2006

banpe2006

very well put Melorib...they do tame the sound yes.....exactly that

banpe2006, Jul 9, 2007
Ask a Question