[Review] Sugden A21/CD21 and Rewsters DCT IC and Isolda and Audio Physic Sparks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Saab, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Saab

Saab

Sugden A21/CD21 and Rewsters DCT IC and Isolda and Audio Physic Sparks

****ing great!!

Saab, Jun 30, 2004
  2. Saab

analoguekid Planet Rush

Thats almost a good enough review for WHF, look 4 stars:)

analoguekid, Jun 30, 2004
  3. Saab

analoguekid Planet Rush

by 'eck lad that sugden stuff must be good, really though how different is the new cdp

analoguekid, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Saab

Saab

right,early impressions..........

so I doubled the value of my cdp,can I hear an £1100 cdp? definately yes

The Rotel 1070 is hard to dislike,you get music with a reet slap in the mush,you never get tired of listening,but..............I have posted this before,listening to classical music would frustrate me.Compared to modern recordings,which leaps out at you with luscious bass and nice "cut me baby" treble,a classical piece would just sound flat.So,as advised my many,a "good system should make all types of music sound good",I decided to upgrade. (and as usual i guessed what to buy s/h based on mag reviews and forum comments,but what the hell,i can alwyas sell the stuff and have another go)

I don't know why the CD21 does the classical thing better than the Rotel,but i suspect its revealing aspects of the music the Rotel couldn't,and the sound is just cultured in a way the Rotel never was.I cant explain in HIFI descriptive terms,i will mix them all up and get it wrong,i will just say that i am reaching for seductive piano pieces now,to finally enjoy the melody and emotion.The Rotel couldn't present classical pieces with emotion,it killed it (a bit of an exageration but thats how it felt)

so i have what i wanted,a cdp to listen to all types of music without frustration,but i big thumbs up for the Rotel,its a bargain for anyone wanting to rock.

Saab, Jul 1, 2004
  5. Saab

analoguekid Planet Rush

excellent glad you've got what ye wanted matey, BTW looking at yer pic in the avatar, you need a haircut laddie!:)

analoguekid, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Saab

Saab

I wanted to prove I have joined the banjo players club,otherwise known as "Audiophiles":)

I think that bloke is called Densil,I think he has Naim on Mana;)

Saab, Jul 1, 2004
  7. Saab

rewster

:D Saab,

That's a hell of a review style you're developing there! Never mind verbal tomfoolery, just come right out with it! You are indeed the J. Clarkson of the audio forum world.

In any case I'd rather hear one '####ing great' than a selection of feint praises.

rewster, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Saab

Saab

actually,I have learnt a lot oabout decent gear over the last few days :)

Its clear that with all my budget systems over the last 20 years,they have conned me into thinking I have a decent set up,when in fact i havent.i have had gear that has added zip and zing and got me bopping,easy to do when you are a headbanger at heart

but with kids and a wife i have had to learn a b it of culture for late night listening,so classical goes on when I am reading the Observer and trying to behave like a proper hifi boff.

and the Sudgens are a revelation,they don't do anything apart from let you enjoy the music in a way that my cheaper systems never could.No fancy tricks,just very musical (whatever that means).Most notable difference with the CD21 is bass,more of it,lots more in fact.

Saab, Jul 4, 2004
Ask a Question