[Review] Zanash Digital I/c Lead

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by STELLABAGPUSS, Mar 2, 2006.

1. STELLABAGPUSS

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Zanash Digital I/c Lead

I will keep this brief, I recently took "Zanash" up on his offer to bulid myself a New Digital Coxial Lead. I run a Meridian 500 Transport (Clock 4 Fitted) into a MF XDACV3. Having read many posts on the forum, I thought I would give a new Digital Cable a try. I've only tried 2, My first was a Sonic Link and that won awards in "What Hi-Fi",I ditch that after a year for a freebee that I had with Hi-Fi Choice,which was made by Kontak.

Ok, let me cut to the mustard,I pluged Zanash DIY Lead in, and was really surprised, I now have cleaner Mid range & High Frequences, Bass Lines seem to have less boom, although they haven't lost the depth & impact, and the Stereo Separation and Imageing has also improved . I've even noticed little details from Janis Joplin' Pearl CD,that I hadn't noticed.

As you can guess,I'm impressed,it wasn't as if the my last Digital I/C was that bad,I'm putting this down to the use of 99.9% Sliver Solid Core that Zanash uses.

I can highly recommend it, and lastly many thanks Zanash.....Top Marks

STELLABAGPUSS, Mar 2, 2006
  2. STELLABAGPUSS

mr cat Member of the month

if i could just add to this - I got Zanash to update my old MF x-act dac (op amp, caps and resistors) with new psu and power cable - the results were spot on, I've since sold them on except for the power cable and after reading another thread about subs (avforum) I decided to use that cable on the sub (was originally on my DAC). The difference with the bass on Joss Stones 'snakes and ladders' is real! :D

top job

mr cat, Mar 4, 2006
Ask a Question