[Review] Zanash silver cable vs Coherent Systems

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mr_Sukebe, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Zanash silver cable vs Coherent Systems

I thought it would be worth giving a quick update on a new stereo interconnect cable that Zanash sent to me yesterday.

For context, the cable was used between my NOS2 DAC and BC Evo2i, though longer term it will be living between my Evo and Rega Ear.
    The comparison was against a WM sourced Coherent Systems (CS) interconnect. Both are terminated with Eichman Bullets.

And the results...
    Well the CS cable is better, whether it's worth the extra is a matter of context of the rest of the system. The differences I found were:
    - The ZC (Zanash Cable) was slightly brighter in presentation which is a taste thing more than anything else and could be dialed out with the toe in of the speakers.
    - The CS cable was more revealing of "nuances" within the music. For example, on vocal work, the wavering of the voice and tonality was simply more resolved and revealing with the CS.

So all in all, both cables are pretty damn good. The ZC was just under half the price of the CS, which to me makes sense for the extra outlay and performance given by the CS cable, i.e. the performance differences seemed appropriate for the pricing.

I can't say I have a normal commercial cable to hand to compare to, but I'd expect both to blow anything comparable on cost completely out of the water. So both are highly recommended.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 27, 2005
  2. Mr_Sukebe

zanash

Thank you, again I'm flattered!

The cable and plugs were brand spanking ....I didn't even get chance to sound check them. I would expect to get the best out of it after 30-50 hours of play. I tend to find them a little thin sounding when first used. I be very suprised if the difference didn't close up a bit as it burns in !

I'll be placing the recipe to make this on the articles section ...when I can get my bum in to gear !

zanash, Oct 28, 2005
  3. Mr_Sukebe

greg Its a G thing

Interesting reading. Zanash - I like the avatar!

greg, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Mr_Sukebe

lordsummit moderate mod

Which ZC was it Mr Sukebe?

lordsummit, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Mr_Sukebe

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I would like to point out Our lower order cable contains NO silver at all, the most silver content in our cables is 0.5% max.

wadia-miester, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Mr_Sukebe

zanash

Ah...and mine contains 99.99%...except for the solder and the copper bullets [ Mr sukebe's choice] ..I have considered silver loaded epoxy but at £25 for a tiny thimble full.

The cable was a type 1....

The avtar is one of my cats about to sneeze .....though she rather likes the roughty toughty image. I did the red eyes, as her nactal [?] membranes were over her eyes.

zanash, Oct 28, 2005
Ask a Question