[Review] Zanash Silver Speaker cables

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by i.j.russell, Mar 27, 2006.

1. i.j.russell

i.j.russell

Zanash Silver Speaker cables

I have been running in a pair of bi-wire solid silver speaker cables by Zanash over the last week or so and this is my review of them.

My previous speaker cables were VDH D352 Hybrids and they were more than acceptable. However, even when first connected, the Zanash cables were significantly better in all areas. The D352 sounded muddy, lacking in detail and plodding by comparison. The extra clarity has not been achieved at the expense of drive.

Running in has added a little warmth to the sound.

I whole-heartidly recommend these cables. However, I would add the caveat that I use very easy to drive bookshelf speakers with limited bass extension. From experience, speaker cables should always be auditioned in-situ at home before purchase.

i.j.russell, Mar 27, 2006
  2. i.j.russell

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Well....I've just finished making up a Bi Wired Set of Zanash Silver Speaker Cables, and I can only echo everybodys views in regards to the sound. I was running a Bi Wired pair of QED 25th Anniversary Silver Cable, while I accept it's not the best cable around, it's not that bad. Since I've gone over to Zanash's Design, everything is cleaner sound,better speed, width and thankly that awful muddy sound on the low freq's have gone, this IMO is what let's QED Silver cable down.
    I can highly reccommend this design, if you were going to buy a commercial cable of such sound quality,it would certainly cost you a few quid.
    Now one question for Zanash, have you thought about trying making Speaker Cables out of the Gold/Silver Cable ?

MY SETUP

PIONEER A300R PRECISION "FULL MONTY" MOD BY TOM EVANS
    MUSICAL FIDELITY XDACV3,X10V3,XPSUV3
    MERIDIAN 500 MK2 TRANSPORT FITTED WITH TRICHORD CLOCK 4 & NCS
    MONITOR AUDIO 20SEC CELEBRATION SPEAKERS
    I/C Zanash SILVER TYPE1

STELLABAGPUSS, Mar 30, 2006
  3. i.j.russell

Nils

Hi SP,
    the gold-silver speaker cable sounds like a grand idea, but you're talking big bucks there (if it's a few metres long). Have you managed to listen to the ICs yet? Massive improvement over silver alone...

Nils, Mar 30, 2006
  4. i.j.russell

zanash

Thanks.....these speaker cables do keep suprising even me

zanash, Mar 30, 2006
Ask a Question