Reviews & recommendations

Discussion in 'General Music' started by michaelab, Jun 20, 2003.

1. michaelab

Rocket 88

Try googling the name 'Mahalia Jackson' - she is recognised as a top gospel singer..
    More lightheartedly ifyou check out some Mississippi Fred Mcdowell records his wifemakes a guest appearance with a terrific gospel song.

Rocket 88, Jan 5, 2010
  2. michaelab

Rocket 88

Notsoliveanddangerous..

Googling Thin Lizzy (a favourite band) it transpires that the band were unhappy with alot of this material and overdubbed much of it..or rather, all of it bar the drums and the audience..oh dear..

Rocket 88, Jan 5, 2010
  3. michaelab

sheachwhats Guest

Just make sure it stays at a decent rate and its keeping a balance between negative and positive reviews.

I think the only thing its lacking is a bit of originality but thats so difficult these days what with every major music publication using every idea under the sun.

sheachwhats, Jun 26, 2010
  4. michaelab

nando nando

i still have "live & dagerous" on vynil.

nando, Jun 26, 2010
  5. michaelab

princepratt13

I have the Gonjasufi album too, I haven't listened to it loads yet but I like it so far. It's very diverse and anything Flying Lotus produces is bound to be good! I like the Gorillaz song too and the album. Bobby Womack can really sing.

princepratt13, Sep 8, 2010
  6. michaelab

murphybridget

The mellow drum 'n' bass with a Latin/Tango flair, sprinkled with the enchanting accents of French accordion, gives it a unique charm, and the modern jazz vibes add a brilliant touch – truly stunning.

murphybridget, Jan 11, 2024
  7. michaelab

murphybridget

The blues player you're referring to is likely Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. He was known for his distinctive white suit, white hat, deep voice, and proficient banjo playing. Gatemouth Brown made appearances on late-night TV shows during the 80s and 90s. While "Red Dog" doesn't match his stage name, Gatemouth Brown's unique style left a lasting impression on the blues community.

murphybridget, Mar 1, 2024
Ask a Question