Rewiring a Syrinx PU3 tonearm

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by WCJ, Jan 18, 2006.

1. WCJ

WCJ

Hi, I am a newcomer to the forum. Maybe the wise old hands can give me some advice. I have a Sota Sapphire TT with a Syrinx PU3 tonearm. Unfortunately the wiring harness got damaged and I now have to replace it.(The solder connections at the bottom of the arm to the interlink to the phono stage came adrift). I plan to use the CARDAS tone arm wire as it is quite affordable. I disassembled the arm and discovered that the yellow earth wire was not connected on the tonearm side and only to the eart stud on the turntable. The wire was pulled into the arm tube but stopped halfway to the cartridge end. Does anybody know where and how I should earth the tone arm? I experienced quite a lot of hum even before the wire harness got damaged. I only have a very brief (3 page) manual for the arm and would appreciate any help in setting up the arm.

WCJ, Jan 18, 2006
  2. WCJ

SCIDB Moderator

SCIDB, Jan 18, 2006
  3. WCJ

WCJ

Thanks

Thanks for the advice and links. It will certainly help when I start this project.

WCJ, Jan 19, 2006
  4. WCJ

Goomer

I also have a Syrinx PU3 and had it re-wired with an Incognito kit from British Audio Products online - excellent sound, and I'm very pleased with it, although I don't know if this is an option that you'd consider as would probably work out more expensive than DIY.

http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/

Goomer, Jan 19, 2006
Ask a Question