RFC-MC1 Step-up Transformer

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Reffc, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Reffc

Reffc Trade

New, improved version now available:

For those on the hunt for an ultra-low distortion high-fidelity SUT, I'm pleased to announce further improvements to the superb MC1 SUT step-up for MC cartridges:

[​IMG]

I have dispensed with the PCB previously used as trials indicated that lower noise performance was possible by shortening signal paths and hard-wiring everything. Resistor network is now hard-wired direct to terminals and internal design keeps the signal path as short as possible. I have also improved the casing quality and earthing arrangements.

This has resulted in one of the lowest noise SUTs that I have ever heard. At normal to loud listening levels, there is zero noise evident. The unit is completely silent and introduces no hum at all. In fact, you hear speaker hiss long before you hear any hum when turning the volume round to max.

Listening to music only confirms the improvements. What was already a detailed and engaging SUT is now as good as (most probably) anything out there. Distortion is still extremely low at less than 0.05% and frequency reponse is well within 1dB over the entire frequency range.

Some up-dated pictures of the new unit's casework and fittings. Subtly different and improved over than the original pictured above:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am now taking orders for the newer improved MC1 and it retails at the same price as the original unit, so these improvements are brought to you without extra charge. price is £540 inclusive of free insured delivery

Reffc, Dec 17, 2013
Ask a Question