RFI torture test

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by SteveC, Sep 19, 2003.

1. SteveC

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Would anyone volunteer to build and sell me one of these? Before investing in ERS cloth, at least a handful of power leads, ferrite beads, clamps, chokes, or whatever, I would like to test how susceptible my kit is to RF and whether I can hear the effect of a worst-case condition.

In return I could pay in cash, or in the form of a local delicacy like salt and sugar-cured salmon (gravlaks), buried lye-treated fish (lutefisk), whey-cheese (mysost), fermented Baltic herring (surströmming), whalemeat (hvalkjøtt) etc.

TIA,
    SteveC

SteveC, Sep 19, 2003
  2. SteveC

zanash

simpler is just ask your self does my system sound different in the evening or at weekends?

If the answers yes the chances are that you are suffering mains bourn RFI EMI.

Often better power cables will just improve the system anyway.........but keep away from ferrites and chokes they'll kill the dynamics of your system...IMO.

zanash, Sep 19, 2003
  3. SteveC

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

do ya meen one of these?
    [​IMG]
    if your not in a rush i'll see what i can do.

themadhippy, Sep 20, 2003
Ask a Question