Richer Sounds - Empyting their HIFI stock?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Mar 8, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

amazingtrade, Mar 8, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Not really that unusual at all, actually. Audio T also auction kit on E-bay - take a look at their offers pages and you'll see some of the items have links to auctions. Also, my local Smack Converters sell some stuff on E-bay such as videos. Seems to be becoming the norm for some shops to sell on E-bay now.

For example:

A Cyrus FM7: http://www.audiot.co.uk/html/offers/sh/sh_tuners.html - click on the Auction link and it will lead you to: http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/audiotltd

Ditto the Mission 774 for sale - note the auction link again: http://www.audiot.co.uk/html/offers/sh/sh_speakers.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2004
    nsherin, Mar 8, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

quote from that link
    Record out selector for listening to one source while recording from another

the pm6010 doesn't have a record out selector.

dear oh dear, and they don't know how to use html tags either

Rory, Mar 10, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

hehe yeah I should have noticed that since I have a PM6010OSE, the PM40XX series has the record selectors and so does the 70xx (I think) but the 60xx skipped it.

And as for the standard of their avert is pretty appaing but then Richersounds have been banned from ebay for a week by the looks of things so I am sure they have learn't their lesson.

amazingtrade, Mar 10, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

Lt Cdr Data om

does anyone agree that Big dealers doing ebay is destroying the spirit of it ,they are just using it as a way to shift stock.

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 11, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

I very much doubt this is geniune, take a look at the feedback its all for stuff that doesn't exist. I think ebay to remove this user before anyone looses their moany, if companies are going to trade on ebay I think they should be checked more thoughly. That is the problem with ebay any @rse hole can get on there and pretend to be anyone, sell anything, with no checks.

So morrel of story, always do your home work and check the feedback thoughly.

Just my 2p's worth.

lhatkins, Mar 12, 2004
  7. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Damn right - mind you, £pay isn't the value it used to be by a LONG chalk. At least those ticket turds can't fleece Glasters goers this year - fully name/address personalised.

domfjbrown, Mar 12, 2004
  8. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Turns out it is genuine!

look here

https://www.audio-forums.com/as-rediect/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3391

MO!, Mar 12, 2004
  9. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Thanks for that MO!, interesting reading, sounds like the guy who set it up was straight out of school then, I mean did he really think he could get away with doing the? What a plank. I mean evern the childish way it was done, if he wanted to get setup fast why didn't he put some cheapish hifi up for sale with a 3 day auction and then his problem would be solved, would have got a shop setup in a week, now he'd been suspened for a week by ebay and didn't please his boss, bet he's feeling rather stupid, as so he should!

lhatkins, Mar 12, 2004
  10. amazingtrade

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Congrats on ur purchase of your new cd player, how do ya like the sound?I think eventually you should upgrade the amp-its possibly the weakest amp i have ever owned, particularly in the bass department. The el cheapo cambridge A5i beated it with ease. The PM7200 is in a different league altogether. The cdp is very nice tho so well done on gettin 1 while they r still around! Some speakers that will go well with the cd6000/PM6010 combo would be mission m71i, u can trust me coz once upon a time i had almost the exact combo, some m73's replaced the eltax monitor 5s:shame: and finally the m71's replaced the m73's which gave the best all round performance with that combo.

In champagne gold it looks pretty tasty too.:cool:

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Mar 12, 2004
  11. amazingtrade

Rory satisfied

mmm m73s:p

:SLEEP:

haven't seen you around these neck of the woods before Ultra....how are the m53s mate

Rory, Mar 12, 2004
  12. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

How easy would it have been for Richrs to have started the advert with, 'we are new to ebay but we are richersounds' they would have been selling the crap they sell in seconds.

I don't mind that big companies are on ebay, the only area that appears to be a mine field is the computers, espically the apple macs, they all have the same generic picture pulled off the web and you just can't be sure of what your getting.

What ever you think of ebay its still the best place on earth right now for finding records and in the 80 or so I have bought off there only one was not up to standard and I got a complete refund.

These were not always great value, but bloody hard to find so I am always happy. I built most my Zappa collection from Ebay.

Remember its a buyers market, things are only worth what people will pay for them.

garyi, Mar 13, 2004
  13. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

I've had some great vinyl off ebay. I usually buy off big sellers as I have found they have the best quality. I did buy recently a copy of the Bach Matthew Passion which looks a million dollars but sounds............crap. The one trouble with vinyl is that that happens occasionally

lordsummit, Mar 13, 2004
  14. amazingtrade

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Hey Roz, the HFC forum is boring my brains out so i do come on here more often nowadays...the m53's are sounding excellent though i must say they r a pain in the arse to reposition once they are mass loaded!My m8 got a graphic design job at bennetts so maybe you'll bump into him at work(cant miss him really,his name is Holiday:D )

ATB

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Mar 13, 2004
Ask a Question