Richer Sounds have some bargains

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amazingtrade, Apr 6, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I just bought a brand new Panasonic personal CD player for £20, the exact seem model is £60 in Argos. They had loads in as well. They also had some open box bargains such as a Marantz CD6000 (none ose model) for £80.

It might be worth checking out your local branch if you're after somthing for a second system.

amazingtrade, Apr 6, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

How about my £51.95 brand new multi-region Toshiba SD330e?

I-S, Apr 6, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Isaac, that was a real bargain. Good work!

What model was that discman AT? I bought a Panasonic SL-SX425 from Currys the other day (I know... but they're only just over the bridge from work, getting to Richers isn't as easy) and it only lasted 3 weeks. I had to take it back today as it developed a constant crackly hiss not unlike AM radio at nighttime even though it was still playing the music. No idea what the problem was but they did exchange it.

Their sales staff haven't a clue though, said I'd only be able to have vouchers if they didn't have another in stock and that I had to have a receipt to get an exchange, both wrong, best thing about that was her manager was stood right behind her and she got corrected while trying to serve me, classic, she was not amused!

ilockyer, Apr 6, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

This is the SLX322, its on offer the website, they will promise to give you a £10 gift voucher if its not in stock.

Them Toshiba machines look like a bargain too. I think for the first time in a few years RS are starting to get some bargains back in stock.

amazingtrade, Apr 7, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ian - are you telling me yours is BUSTED already!? Eeeek.

AT - does yours get a horrid rushing shrieking noise whenever a taxi goes past (I guess when they're using their CBs)? If not, I will junk my Panny and get one of those Richers ones, 'cos mine drives me mad! RF shielding - err, what RF shielding!

It'll do about 25 hours on one set of NiMh rechargeables though :)

domfjbrown, Apr 7, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

Lol it was for my sister, I've not had any problems with mine for RF interence, but then I only really use it in the bus or when I am staying at mates houses (at night). Mine still works fine.

The Richers one comes with its own transformer as well. Its the same model as mine but it has the extra remote control thing.

I've never tried using in a taxi, athough buses do have CB radios.

amazingtrade, Apr 7, 2004
  7. amazingtrade

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Sorted! Right, will get one then - certainly it's buses too that set the thing off; if yours has been fine in that respect, I should be sorted.

Plus it won't look totally ghey, like my cheesy blue/green/silver FisherPrice look Panny from a couple of years back!

Be a good excuse to get some TDK SA90s to use in my new (well, to me) Nakamichi tape deck ;)

domfjbrown, Apr 8, 2004
Ask a Question