Rogers BBC Studio Monitor BBC (LS3/6 & BC1 design)

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Jonny Kyte, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Jonny Kyte

Jonny Kyte

I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in these but thought I would post on here just incase. They are currently listed on Ebay. Please see the description below. Please feel free to PM with any questions.

These are consecutive serial number (2006 / 2007) Original Rogers ‘BBC Studio Monitor’ speakers. Dated 1977, brought new with one owner. They are late production models, one of the last pairs built before the model change to ‘Export Monitors’ which did not carry the BBC license.

The speakers have stand spike marks on underside but are otherwise in mint condition, both containing the original drive units. Originally stained Teak but have been professionally re-stained to Black Ash.

These require a minimum of 35W to drive and benefit from good quality amplification and source. They have been used in system until recently with a Quad 44/405 and Arcam CD82T. This is a reluctant sale to free storage space.

These come with 2 pairs of stands – see below for dimensions:-
    • 1 pair of target stands – H:320mm – Purchased with the speakers. Upgrade, not original stands.
    • 1 pair of custom build – H:410mm - Designed to raise the tweeter height to ear level. Built from heavy gauge steel.

Willing to demonstrate but buyer must collect. I would be willing to meet the buyer to exchange (cash transaction only).

Unable to take a photo of the drive units as the front covers are secured by screws to the rear of the speakers (see photo’s)

Specification
    Power Handling: 25W
    Resistance: 15Ohm – Can be altered if required.
    Overall Response: 40Hz – 25Khz ± 3dB
    Speaker Dimensions: H:635 x W:305 x D:305
    Drive Units :-
    • Coles Super Tweeter
    • Celestion HF1300
    • Richard Allen 8” Bass Driver

Links
    http://www.mhennessy1.f9.co.uk/rogers/others.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2006
    Jonny Kyte, Nov 21, 2006
  2. Jonny Kyte

Jonny Kyte

Bump

Jonny Kyte, Nov 28, 2006
  3. Jonny Kyte

BFISH

Hello AeroGain peoples,
    New to this Crew and looking for info on my Rogers Studio 2 speakers--fantastic devices that continually impress me every time l listen to them! l can't find much info on these beasties so l'm asking for any contributions to my "quest". l've joined several audio groups(Audiogon/Audiokarma/Pink Media/Audio Review) and even emailed with Mark Hennessey but to little avail(were made in 1984 to 86,, MSRP of $2,300 to $2,999, and other Rogers speakers that look like it(Rogers Export Monitor).
    l use these with a Marantz 510M, Crown IC 150 preamp, and a Denon DCD 1560 and wow, what difference from what l use to listen with(Onkyo A/V 717 Pro, Tannoy 611's, and a paradigm sub)
    Glad to be abourd and thanx for any sourcing on these wake-up speakers.

BFISH, Feb 7, 2007
Ask a Question