Royd Revelation

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Spike, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Spike

michaelab desafinado

I would disagree with that :rolleyes: I have mine quite close (about 2m away) and also only barely behind my listening postition so I have them facing each other, rather than facing the fronts. I think facing the fronts is better in a setup like yours where they are much further behind you.

In setting the relative volume levels an SPL meter is really useful. I had done mine 'by ear' but when I then re did them with an SPL meter the rears were completely wrong :eek:

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 26, 2003
  2. Spike

lowrider Live music is surround

Mine are completely wrong too, because I set them up for DPLII by ear, and I know they are higher then the fronts...

Your case is a bit different from most people that have them close because they sit against the back wall, and thats why I sujested pointing them forward, but the main poinrt is not to point them to our ears when they are close...

lowrider, Jun 26, 2003
  3. Spike

jay

Hi Mike

Understood your advice - thx again :D Minstrels are more convenient and because you didn't say NO then I took that as a YES :D

I'm perfectly willing to compromise the HT system as it's in the lounge and I've taken over another room in the house for a music room.

I will try to move them away from the sitting position though.

Jay

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2003
    jay, Jun 27, 2003
Ask a Question