Same Speaker On 2 Zones

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mdray00, Mar 28, 2023.

1. mdray00

mdray00

Hi,

I am working on my outdoor speaker setup. Garden will be split into 3 sections which each section running from 1 zone on the amp.

Due to the layout I have an area where it would end up with 2 speakers next to each other. It is possible to have the same speaker on 2 zones. Not acting as a left and right just to be the right speaker for both zones.

I have tried to show what I mean in the diagram below.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(SPK1L)
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    (SPK2L)xxxxx(SPK1&2R)

So if choose to play the music to zone 1 I will play from SPK1 L&R if I chose to play to zone 2 it will play to SPK2 L&R and if I play to both zone together the single speaker will act as as the Right speaker for both.

The other option that would work would be if I was able to play the same sound to both speakers. As in not left and right just play mono from all speakers. But im not sure what will be the most complicated.

The sound source will normally be sent to the amp via a bluetooth connection from a phone.

mdray00, Mar 28, 2023
Ask a Question