Saucy Kit:- Meridian 506.24/Audio Synthesis Passion/Nordost Valhalla IC's For Sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Pete, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Pete

Pete

Audio Synthesis Passion and Nordost Valhalla IC For Sale

For sale is my entire front end...!

Meridian 506.24 - sold!

Audio Synthesis Passion passive pre amp - superb condition and possibly the best sound quality in the world. Its really up there with the Rowland/Levinson/Johnson gear.
    - £400

Nordost Valhalla RCA IC - enough said, the best interconnects on the planet with silver Eichmann bullet plugs to further improve things.
    1x0.6m - £800

ALL PRICES ONO.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2005
    Pete, Feb 28, 2005
  2. Pete

Pete

Meridian 506.24 now sold!!!

Pete, Feb 28, 2005
  3. Pete

anon_bb Honey Badger

Do you still have the passion pre?

anon_bb, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Pete

Pete

I'm afraid it sold a long time ago sorry.

Now rocking a full Levinson 390s/334 rig with balanced Valhalla IC's and speaker cable!!!

Pete, Dec 20, 2005
  5. Pete

anon_bb Honey Badger

Shame! I am not convinced by pricey cables so far - I had mine made for £50 a piece and they sounded better than valhalla (if anything).

anon_bb, Dec 20, 2005
  6. Pete

Pete

What are they?

I was unconvinced myself with VH until I tried it all the way through, when it becomes truly amazing.

Pete, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Pete

anon_bb Honey Badger

I tried nordost cabling all the way through from deck to speakers - plus a few other brands like argento and kimber. I found best results with my custom cable. I think 3 * 1m pairs of loudspeaker cable cost me £80 (I have a trimaped system). The interconnects were £70 each. They sounded cleaner and less interference than nordost - more detail and without the edge but the effect was very small. Mainly due to the lower capacitance of the lead from the base of the deck to the phono stage where the interconnect really does make a difference due to the passive driving device that is an MC cartridge.

I also had made up special power cables with integrated lab grade mains filters for £85 each - with the filters those really did make a difference especially on the dac and the phono stage where I would say it made the units sound 30% better. I have those all the way through the system except on the power amps.

I had all my cables made by White Noise Audio - www.wnaudio.com.

anon_bb, Dec 20, 2005
Ask a Question