Seventh Veil

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MO!, Aug 7, 2003.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

2. MO!

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

urghhhh!

possibly the ugliest speakers ever?

[​IMG]

bottleneck, Aug 7, 2003
  3. MO!

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Cracking Mo :) , maybe we should accquire some for prospective Naim owners, after hearing their system for the first time :D

wadia-miester, Aug 7, 2003
  4. MO!

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Oh, I've seen much uglier.

7_V, Aug 7, 2003
  5. MO!

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Aha, someone from 7th veil!!

What was it one reviewer said of one of the models, many years ago? "....removal of the 7th veil, only to uncover the next 7 underneath... " or somesuch ;).

I've not heard any, but they are supposed to be a unique take on speaker design, and it's nidce to know thy're still about.

They look like they're going to need a sub to me though.

Cheers

timpy, Aug 7, 2003
  6. MO!

penance Arrogant Cock

i think they dont look to bad, its the cost thats ugly:p

penance, Aug 7, 2003
  7. MO!

Yes penence, they not on the cheap side of netural are they :D , but if they do the biz I'm sure they fly out the door, maybe Merlin can shed some light on the X/over point values, and the benefits of the sub/sat set up without total time aligned intregration and tweeter/sub dispersal paterns, they do have a 'Pipeline' look though :rolleyes: WM

8. MO!

penance Arrogant Cock

but it looks like you get a free foot stool with them!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2003
    penance, Aug 7, 2003
  9. MO!

HenryT

LOL! :D

A different way of getting a cheap plug for your company's website I suppose, diguise it as an Ebay auction for a box of tissues! :rolleyes:

;)

HenryT, Aug 7, 2003
  10. MO!

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

wernt seven veils origanaly made by the coombe bay dance band?

themadhippy, Aug 7, 2003
  11. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

has anyone actually heard these speakers?
    to be honest i don;t think they look that bad chris and as the guy says i've seen a lot worse - still that's not really the point. if i want something that looks good i'll buy som art thanky very much.
    from the web site they use bandor drivers. has anyone heard these ?
    cheers

julian

p.s. tone - you're a cheeky wee bugger but it made me laugh.

julian2002, Aug 7, 2003
  12. MO!

Robbo

I dont think they are that ugly, I certainly have seen a lot worse. Maybe a lighter colour would be better.

They remind me of Pentachord speakers which were around in the early 90s. Very similar design philosphy.

Robbo

Robbo, Aug 7, 2003
  13. MO!

You've got a good memory, Timpy.

"....in an almost magical way the IV really does seem to lift the seventh veil obscuring female vocalists (only to reveal the next seven underneath)." - Paul Messenger, Hi-Fi Choice - September 1990.

Of course this was 13 years ago and we've come a long way since then. Everyone who's listened to the new Nonsuch 4 alongside the original System IV has said that the new speaker is in a different class and much better than the original (not that the original was bad). Mr. Messenger will be doing a review of the new model later this year for Hi-Fi + magazine. Fingers crossed.
    Thanks, Timpy and you're quite right, the new Nonsuch 4 is designed to go with one or two Little Awesome subs.

There is some information on the original System IV and the new Nonsuch range with Little Awesome subs at www.seventh-veil.com for anyone interested.

And guys, I'm really sorry that Seventh Veil's systems are out of the reach (financially) of most people. I would really love for everyone to afford them but they are horrifically expensive to manufacture. Those who check out the enclosure construction will see why.

Robbo - I remember the Pentachords. As for the sound comparison - night & day, mate.

HenryT - Well, doh! We haven't all got the marketing budgets of Bose or B & W. Wait until you see the next auction in this series (tee hee). :D

7_V, Aug 7, 2003
  14. MO!

HenryT

Mr 7_V,

Not worries there, was not a criticism! :)

Somebody has to foot the costs of marketing of course...

HenryT, Aug 7, 2003
  15. MO!

merlin

WM, not enough information on the site and not enough time to explore further:(

A sound idea in principal though, although unsure about this implementation. And they won't need to sell many at those prices to be lying on a beach in Thailand come Christmas;)

merlin, Aug 7, 2003
  16. MO!

BTW, that's some nice kit you've got there. How do you rate the cd transport & DAC? Are you anywhere near Surrey?

7_V, Aug 7, 2003
  17. MO!

Merlin & WM, I'm more than happy to answer any technical queries that aren't covered on the site. There are no crossovers or filters on the Nonsuch 4 full-rangers, although obviously the sub uses a low-pass filter.

As for the implementation... the proof of the system is in the listening - first, last and always.

If anyone's near my neck of the woods (Surrey) a demo may be possible (no, I don't expect you to purchase). Also, I will be in Denver, Co (with the speakers) in September.

Thailand sounds good. If only starting a business was that easy, particularly in this field. Did you hear that Tag-Maclaren are dropping out of the business? They charged plenty of dosh.

7_V, Aug 7, 2003
  18. MO!

Tom Alves

I'll let you know, I've arranged a home dem

Tom Alves, Aug 7, 2003
  19. MO!

Well Tom, they've got to be better than any of Naims awful range of speakers, so Only £600 on a phono and £5k on the speakers, humm not very mullet Tom :)
    When you've had the Demo, please do come and have a listen here, and then tell the forum what/how you think they improve/contrast against your current set up, then against a good pair of 2 musical 2 ways, won't go as deep about 28hz, but you may be a little surprised :)

20. MO!

Tom Alves

I will rise to that. The SBLs are a simply wonderful speaker. As yet I've not heard anything I'd prefer to live with except maybe DBL if I can take them active with 500s. They do need control :) but I'll concede the others are a bit hmmm....

I'll let you know about Seventh Veil. Should be interesting. I like the idea of enclosed subs. I guess the Nonsuch 4 will be transparent but will they be fast? and will they work in a Naim system? The reason for the dem is this. I'm reaching the end of stage 1 of the upgrade path. I now retire and move to Scotland. Once there I may decide I want to work. If so I can start upon stage 2 and chase serious hi-fi. I had a chat with 7-v very after reading this thread and he kindly offered to dem them before I went, to see if they would be a suitable future upgrade from the SBLs.

Do you want the TWR crossing forum boundaries or is that a personal invite and where are you? I'm always up for a laugh although I don't travel well at the moment. One day I might convince you that I have the best sistem in the world ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2003
    Tom Alves, Aug 7, 2003
Ask a Question