Severe popping

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Douzeper, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Douzeper

Douzeper

Hi folks,

Equipment here is below what you folks listen to but I am pulling my hair out to solve this....

I just bought a yamaha E800 processor to go along with my NAD C372 Stereo amp. Linked them up and when I change channel on sky, change sound field, in fact do almost anything, does it when DVD is playing too, there is a loud popping noise from RH main speaker.
    Now this happened before when I bought a NAD AV amp, I sent it back thinking it was faulty, but that time it was both speakers that made the noise not just the right!

Any idea's folks? I'm sure its a speaker damaging noise it sounds awfull!

Please help - thanks in advance!

Douzeper, Dec 20, 2005
  2. Douzeper

palacefan

Speaker popping!

My only experience of 'speaker popping' was caused by running a 13amp extension lead along side of a speaker cable.

My technical knowledge is zilch,but I assumed it was caused by static-Separating the cables cured my problem.-Good Luck

palacefan, Dec 21, 2005
  3. Douzeper

Douzeper

Thanks - I've checked that though and doesnt help.

It seems it might be the muting process, where it mutes briefly as you change anything, someone has suggested this has blown as it can do when powering down. Still searching or correct answer.

Cheers

Douzeper, Dec 22, 2005
  4. Douzeper

fittedkitchens

yup

Hmm, I get 'pops' through my speakers when the central heating boiler cycles itself on and off, really does my head in. Hope it ain't wrecking the speakers...

fittedkitchens, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Douzeper

zanash

This can be easily solved......you need to supress the rfi/emi from the boiler either at source [best] or isolate the gear from it. The use of mains filtering and conditioning will achieve the second. The best route is to fit a supression cap across the pump/compressor so when it kicks in, the cap gobles up the surge.

zanash, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Douzeper

fittedkitchens

Cheers zanash, couple of good ideas to ponder there. I use an extension cord which supposedly protects equipment from power surges, but seems a step beyond is reqd.

Cheers.

fittedkitchens, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Douzeper

Graham C

swap the L and R from your processor to NAD. If its now in the L , then its the E800 - whatever that is.

If it stays on the R, I would say the NAD is missing a solder connection.

Graham C, Jan 5, 2006
  8. Douzeper

zanash

Open up the block and fitt a big VDR or a couple or three 250v ones in parallel aross the live and neutral. These are consumables so any in the block that you may have had for sometime could now be passed it. I've some mains rated supression caps if you need any

2.2uf 250v films philips and 150n X2 rifa caps

Pm me

zanash, Jan 5, 2006
Ask a Question