Shark interconnects

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by stevehi-fi, Jan 11, 2007.

1. stevehi-fi

stevehi-fi stevehi-fi

Anyone using Shark cable for interconnects? Not a high price, but gives an excellent result.

stevehi-fi, Jan 11, 2007
  2. stevehi-fi

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

It's done the rounds in the dim and distant past.

I was never particularly wowed by my set and sold them when I found something (significantly) better.

I-S, Jan 11, 2007
  3. stevehi-fi

Snoo

I made some. I used their Shark rhodium tipped locking connectors too. The cable isn't the nicest to work with and I think the screen could be better.

I've never really noticed much sound difference in cable. I prefer the fun of building tbh. And there are much more fun cables to be built.

Snoo, Jan 11, 2007
  4. stevehi-fi

technobear Ursine Audiophile

I built a Shark interconnect. It was better than the Van den Hul D102 that it replaced but not as good as Krystal Kables Sterling 2 which is what I use now. By the time you've bought the Shark cable and decent plugs, the Sterling 2 doesn't cost very much more and is well worth it IMHO.

technobear, Jan 11, 2007
  5. stevehi-fi

Snoo

Snoo, Jan 13, 2007
  6. stevehi-fi

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, I bought a pair of .25m IC (red in colour - forget the exact spec tho) as a jumper for my nad integrated (before I bought the power amp) and it worked well...well worth the couple of quid i paid for it...:D

mr cat, Jan 13, 2007
  7. stevehi-fi

zanash

There was one cable that shark did that was excellent ...by maplin dropped it a couple of years back.

To be honest these can be easily beaten by a simple twisted pair of silver in ptfe sleeve ...

How can i be certain ?

well I've built cables using all the shark stuff carried by uk supplier maplins....

A better bet it to get a spool of 32 awg magnet wire ..which will cost the same as 1m of the cheaper ic's ....as its insulated just twist the two cores together ...thread down a protective tube and solder a set of good plugs on like the neutrks. Then repeat for the other channel.

zanash, Jan 14, 2007
  8. stevehi-fi

stevehi-fi stevehi-fi

Before the Shark, I tried Maplins pure silver - no.SL0528G - and was astonished at how bad it sounded - tremendous detail, but sound was as thin as Twiggy in her prime, with norallora bass. (Actually Twiggy looks stunning now in the M&S adverts).Thanks for taking the time to all those who posted replies.As KK says, cables are SO system dependant, it's a "fuzzy" subject.

stevehi-fi, Jan 14, 2007
  9. stevehi-fi

Arrowhead

S'pose the maplin's silver needs about forty years to run in, just like Twiggy! :D :D

Graham.

Arrowhead, Jan 14, 2007
  10. stevehi-fi

Tenson Moderator

Tenson, Jan 14, 2007
Ask a Question