Small floorstanders for small room-good idea?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by luckyguliver, Jul 18, 2011.

1. luckyguliver

luckyguliver

Hi
    I am curently using monitors in my 3.5x3m room. However I am not satisfied as they can go as low a I wish. A couple of days ago I bought Rega Ela speakers for silly money for my living room and out of curiosity placed them in my bedroom. They still sound good , there is no boom'ines and overall sound they produce is very pleasant to my ears. Therefore I started thinkig that I could buy mor sofisticated floorstanders like Neat Elite se or Neat Motive 2, Rega R3s and used them in my bedroom.
    Any other suggestions? My budget is up to 500 quid.Music I am into primarly rock and electronic music. What's your thought on this ?
    Regards

luckyguliver, Jul 18, 2011
  2. luckyguliver

Tenson Moderator

Some time and no replies.

Physical size is not what defines how a speaker works in a room. Some small speakers have boosted bass (in the range they cover) while some big speakers are lean sounding.

In my opinion you should simply buy the best speakers you can, and then if you get bass issues, implement some digital correction for the rooms resonances. Either that, or add some bass traps but they are big.

..or if you are on a strict budget, use a the tone control!

Tenson, Jul 21, 2011
  3. luckyguliver

robertseymour

What monitors have you tried in your room? Something like the ATC SCM7's sound like they would fit the bill! (With suitable amplification though!)

robertseymour, Aug 1, 2011
Ask a Question