"snappy answer"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jun 23, 2003.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Snappy Answer #1

A stewardess was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket, and he opened his coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat she said, "Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub."

Snappy Answer #2

A lady was picking through the frozen chickens at the supermarket, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the shelf stacker, "Do these chickens get any bigger?" He replied, "No, they're dead."

Snappy Answer #3

The policeman got out of his car and the lad who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the Policeman said. The lad replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the policeman finally stopped laughing, he sent the lad on his way without a ticket.

Snappy Answer #4

A lorry driver was driving along. A sign comes up that reads "Low bridge ahead." Before he knows it the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The policeman gets out of his car and walks around to the lorry driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck?" The lorry driver says, "No mate, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol."

and finally,

#5, THE TEACHER Snappy Answer of the Year

A university lecturer reminds her students of tomorrow's final exam. "Now, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!" A smart-arse bloke in the back of the room raised his hand and asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its best to stifle their laughter. When silence is restored, the lecturer smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I suppose you'd have to write the exam with your other hand."

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2003
    MO!, Jun 23, 2003
  2. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

BTW does anyone know why hotmail does that to emails?

>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>>>>>

?????

MO!, Jun 23, 2003
  3. MO!

michaelab desafinado

MO! - nearly all e-mail software does that allthough it's usually configurable.

the > is used to mark the lines of the e-mail you're replying to or forwarding when it's quoted in a reply. Each time the mail is forwarded, another set of > gets added on.

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 23, 2003
  4. MO!

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Dump text into Notepad (or whatever your platform has) and do a find and replace on "> " and if any > marks are still there, do another replace on ">". Put nothing in the "replace" field :)

domfjbrown, Jun 23, 2003
  5. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Cheers,

Now comment on how funny it is! :confused:

MO :D

MO!, Jun 23, 2003
  6. MO!

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Uh huh huh... that's pretty cool :)

Yeah - have to admit that once I'd got past the > marks (they do my eyes in - WHY do they use that particular character - odd!) it was highly amusing - especially the dude being caught speeding, and the "ticket stub" :)

domfjbrown, Jun 23, 2003
  7. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Why thank ya kindly Mr Dom :D

Just went through it and deleted the ">>>"

cos i'm nice like that!

MO!, Jun 23, 2003
Ask a Question