Software for audio analysis

Discussion in 'General Music' started by vassan, Aug 14, 2023.

1. vassan

vassan

Presently I use the built in audio-graph visualiser in QuickTime on macOS to analyse my recordings. However, it takes a long time to filter through everything and so I am looking for something more advanced.

[​IMG]
    I am looking for some open source software that can help me speed up my analysis in two ways:

1/ Set the time of the recording from the beginning so that any portion I cut away will automatically know what the relative timestamp would be and then insert that (regex style) into the filename.

2/ From a sample fed in automatically search for a specific sound e.g. a person's voice, a bird, washing machine... so that I don't have to manually sift through everything.

If possible I would like something open source, but any suggestion will do. Forget not that I live in the macOS world, so cannot use anything on Windows.

vassan, Aug 14, 2023
Ask a Question