Some work to be done...

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by I-S, Nov 11, 2004.

1. I-S

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

But surely whoever built it in Denmark has some outgoing goods Quality Control procedure of some sort.

BTW, do you know the story behind the S300 and the Silverline in general, as it apparently is no longer being imported here in France, perhaps plain discontinued ? The last units sold for ridiculously low prices, with the S300 at £1150 and the S500i at £560 (keeping in mind that the initial asking price was higher than in the UK). Or maybe they've got something new in the offing ?

Sir Galahad, Nov 13, 2004
  2. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I know that the S300 is being discontinued, and perhaps the rest of the silverline is as well.

I guess there's no money in it. The market for 2 channel audio is shrinking, and it's not viable for a company like NAD to continue to try to offer high-end 2 channel audio

I-S, Nov 13, 2004
  3. I-S

BlueMax

Not so much with NAD but companies that overprice their products are shooting themselves in the foot.
    “Demand is price-elastic†is fundamental economic principle. Higher the price lower the demand and vice versa.

Ever increasing quality and availability of Chinese brands is another consideration.

Globalisation is on the increase,
    trade barriers are coming down,
    effect of the Internet is making product information widely available,
    international ordering and payments are easy using credit cards.

Some companies such as Naim go against free market and price competition. They try hard to keep prices artificially inflated, for example, by putting pressure on their dealers to maintain RRPs or promoting brand worship akin to religious fundamentalism.

But at the end of the day, market forces will prevail and these tactics are doomed to fail. We have seen it all before with some parts of the British industry.

Sooner they realise that and address the real issues, their market share will fade away and the companies go into liquidation. That will be a loss.

BlueMax, Nov 14, 2004
Ask a Question