Sonneteer go wireless

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by sideshowbob, Nov 30, 2004.

1. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Trisha

Good on them for being quick to release products using new technologies (they were very fast off the mark with their digital amp too):

http://freespace.virgin.net/sonneteer.audio/bard.html

Don't know how much they'll cost but I'm guessing nothing unreasonable.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Nov 30, 2004
  2. sideshowbob

Dick Bowman

Trouble is - your stereo has radio, your PC has a wireless network, your PC has wireless keyboard and mouse, your DECT phone works by radio. So does everybody down the street. Don't we end up with serious RF pollution? Don't these things interfere with each other? I can pick up two unsecured wireless LANs here in a techno-sparse residential street - sometimes with better signal strength than the one I want to use. I think there's chaos coming in a few years, unless vendors/users are smarter than they used to be.

At least wires keep their business to themselves.

Dick Bowman, Nov 30, 2004
  3. sideshowbob

julian2002 Muper Soderator

the only problems i have with my wireless hi-fi is when someone (either me or next door) uses their microwave - which is rather worrying. i'm going to go wired soon anyway - well 'as soon as i can be arsed'. i have numerous wireless devices around from my network, to my mobiles, digital cordless phone and a tv tx/rx doo dad for watching tv upstairs.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Nov 30, 2004
  4. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Trisha

I have setups daisy-chained from the tape-outs in the main system in every room in the flat (including a Tivoli PAL in the bathroom!) so the idea of a transmitter running off the main tape-out into receivers into the other rooms is pretty interesting. Will get rid of the long ICs running from room to room.

Sonneteer have got back to me about pricing. £330 for a package of one transmitter, one receiver, and interconnects for each, and they also sell additional transmitters and receivers separately. I'm going to give it a go I think.

They're also apparently about to release a USB transmitter for £90, which is certainly competitive with offerings from Apple and the like.

-- Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2004
    sideshowbob, Nov 30, 2004
  5. sideshowbob

Sgt Rock

Both operate at 2.4 Ghz, must go and put my curry on the wi-fi router to warm up :D

Sgt Rock, Dec 1, 2004
  6. sideshowbob

julian2002 Muper Soderator

still a bit scary and makes you wonder about cancers rise up the killer chart. i know which charidy i'm donating to this christmas.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Dec 1, 2004
Ask a Question