Sort of a dear john letter ...or more correctly thank you Chea Johndle ?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by zanash, Jun 22, 2003.

1. zanash

zanash

Well I got some stick in the other place for this, but what the *uc*.

I'm a great deliver of cleaning mains wiggets, form wall sockets [best done with the power off!]through to the equipment fuses/holders.

The best I've found is the dremel and mini wire brush, but duraglit as log as you get it all off and I've now discovered green scourers work to . Thanks to Chea Johndle home page [http://www.vertexaq.com/], which also covers the subject in more detail.

All I'll say is that its well worth the effort. It's good to know that all those bright pins, shiney fuses and holders are help provide a much better sound. This good for what ever level gear you have..........so start polishing.

zanash, Jun 22, 2003
  2. zanash

Chea Johndle Bizarre Serpent Foomaster

Good man....;)

IMHO it is important to keep on top of these things..... it all helps to lower the resistance in a very important area. If you can, treat the cleaned and polished bits with some Caig De-oxit... this will improve things and keep it clean for a long time.

Regards

Chea Johndle, Jul 1, 2003
Ask a Question