Spreading the word

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GTM, Jun 19, 2003.

1. GTM

CJROSS Guest

Richard don't blame yourself for 1 minute dude, the FFRC blow up whilst it got personal (between us 3) was me partly taking issue with some assertions that FFRC/GWS was/is “crap†nothing more, nothing less, not your fault at all IMHO, but are we saying here that FFRC should not be discussed ala Mana all because some people think it “crap†and current users disagree ? I will happily stay out of the discussion if it helps in future but any label of cable / kit / etc being “crap†will draw out the same response. I hope its drawn attention to the type of language that has come to be accepted in describing hifi by certain people as if its the “truth†when its only their personal opinion, its does not wear with everyone hence me posting.

Timpy/WM we all know where we stand.

BTW if you want to experiment with different cable types for DIY speaker cable you could do a lot worse than look at B+Q & 10m - £7-8 of their solid cored SAT TV cable, this is about 0.75mm in diameter for the coaxial conductor, is covered with an air plastic dialectric honeycomb mesh (looks like an orange in cross section) which is in turn covered with a copper braid, then finally the outer sheathing. I was looking at it this week and noted that it could possibly be used in DIY speaker cabling. Their you have solid conductors with a varying geometry to CAT5 ie spaced conductors (totally different capitance resisitance etc without the weave, air dielectric & no opposing polarity like CC mode FFRC), not sure of numbers of conductors runs ie cables but maybe 2 cables per feed to start for a 2-3m length. Then ownards & upwards, you may also wish to look & the 2 core 30amp “cooker†cable when you are in there as well, have also heard good reports of people going from FFRC toward thinwall car cable ie the stuff behind the dash. All should sound a lot different to FFRC IMHO.

Dino/CMonster : Your moderation has been exemplary IMHO in the FFRC bustup of 2003.

CJROSS, Jul 2, 2003
  2. GTM

michaelab desafinado

Dino - nice job mate :) The crowd had all dispersed and the casualties taken away by the time I arrived at the scene of the FFRC riot :D Sorry I wasn't around at the time :shame:

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 2, 2003
  3. GTM

cookiemonster

CJ - Most certainly not IMO - i will be the first to post some more vibes up on it soon, as the mighty FFRC meets some challengers very soon at casa cookie (sorry this is a blatant rip off of 'Technobear Towers' rhyming jargon:D ). If i had experience with Mana i would post on that too :MILD:

Lawrie - get posting fella!:)

We have cool smilies here too - including one of these which was smuggled in:

:cookie:

Regards

cookiemonster, Jul 2, 2003
  4. GTM

michaelab desafinado

btw cookie, love the MJ avatar :D

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 2, 2003
  5. GTM

Dev Moderator

Now this is much more like it;)

Dev, Jul 2, 2003