Stupid question about women...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by domfjbrown, May 2, 2006.

1. domfjbrown

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Any truth in the rumour that many women can tell if a bloke is in love with them, long before he gets it together to tell them?

Kind-of stuck in a potential situation (can't be that lucky though...) and am curious...

I don't want to put my foot in it if I don't have to, hence the slightly-lame question.

domfjbrown, May 2, 2006
  2. domfjbrown

Bob McC living the life of Riley

All women can read us like us like a book!

Bob McC, May 2, 2006
  3. domfjbrown

Joe

Many can, but not all. Better to risk putting your foot in it than incorrectly assuming a woman can 'read' your feelings.

Joe, May 2, 2006
  4. domfjbrown

avanzato

Women are generally much better at reading 'body language' than men, the real thing is to spot if she is giving any messages back to you.

avanzato, May 2, 2006
  5. domfjbrown

Joe

Being a bloke, he won't be able to.

Joe, May 2, 2006
  6. domfjbrown

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I don't really see it as a man/woman thing. MOre about who the MOre confident of the two are.

MO!, May 2, 2006
  7. domfjbrown

Being partially sighted, I won't be able to :)

If there's no REALLY OBVIOUS visual clues (barring legs crossed in particular direction) I'm totally screwed! Any other obvious visual clues?

I overheard some comments I don't think I was supposed to this weekend, which is why I'm ramping up the ante in this area.

More to the point, what kind of visual clues do BLOKES give out, so I can glean if I've already put my foot in it unintentionally?? ;)

domfjbrown, May 2, 2006
  8. domfjbrown

Joe

Massive hard-on?

Joe, May 2, 2006
  9. domfjbrown

Markus S Trade

So money isn't the only subject you're willing to exaggerate wildly about.

Markus S, May 2, 2006
  10. domfjbrown

Joe

I was discussing what signals *Dom* might be giving out!

Joe, May 2, 2006
  11. domfjbrown

auric FOSS

If she starts to offer you advice on your clothing and how to dress when you are out together the chances are that she thinks you are worth cultivating and that she is ready to put a bit of effort into the relationship. So if this does not frighten or worry you then you might be in luck.

auric, May 2, 2006
  12. domfjbrown

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Are you already in a relationship with this lass?

MO!, May 2, 2006
  13. domfjbrown

Never had that come up; we're clubber heads from way back so "anything goes" clothes-wise. I only see her failry rarely at the moment as she's one of my mates I left "up south east" when I relocated.

She does however help out re potential gaffes here and there and certainly is a good "teacher" re general life etc, and seems keen to ensure I don't get into too much bother. Mind you, now I'm writing this it kind of looks more and more like "just mates", doesn't it?

Nadgers!

Either way, I am still determined to "say my piece" in person re her current bloke though - have a few strips I want to verbally tear off of him. Suspect that'll land me in deep water though. SOMEONE has to say it though!

EDIT: based on when I first met her and what she'd told me about her then-ex, I'm FIERCELY protective of her; she's known me long enough to hopefully not run a mile if this weekend pans out the way I would like it to. So Mo!, I'm not in a relationship with her in THAT way, but we've been good mates for a long time so could be maybe too far down that route. Who knows?

domfjbrown, May 2, 2006
  14. domfjbrown

johnhunt recidivist

blimey all this cherche la femme stuff takes me back

frankly the rule of thumb here is this - if she is up for it you will know for sure. in the absense of this - she isn't

johnhunt, May 2, 2006
  15. domfjbrown

Joe

Well of course you run the risk that she'll think you're trying to queer the pitch of a rival for her affection by 'saying your piece'. Up to you of course, but my experience suggests that women don't take kindly to such advice and it can often be counter-productive, eg in the case of my sister who married her first husband mainly because my parents objected so violently to him.

Joe, May 2, 2006
  16. domfjbrown

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Dom, the pitch of your question tells me a heck of a lot.

Let me tell you, a woman will not be interested in you if you behave like your question in this thread.

Either ask her out for a drink or do not. Don't find excuses to call her, don't find ways to be in her space. You might be the best of friends but if you screw up at this delicate stage then its game over.

She is watching and she knows, this is the delicate balance between nice and annoying. I have tipped the balance over to annoying a few times in my life. I could see from a distance myself behaving like a div, but could not help myself, I called this love, actually its just stupid.

Get a grip right now, ask her for a drink, or do not. Don't be a Div Dom.

garyi, May 2, 2006
  17. domfjbrown

Heavymental

Hmm...shame to ruin a long standing friendship by wading in and fking it up. How about quizzing mutual friends? Ask one of her mates (a sensible girl who you can talk to) what the situation is. If she tells you to back right off then leave it. Theres alot to be said for the old "my mate fancies you" way of doing things. You get a straight answer and it saves the whole situation Garyi was talking about when you think you're making moves but really you just look like a eejit.

Heavymental, May 2, 2006
  18. domfjbrown

avanzato

So if you suspect it's going to 'land in deep water' why do you still want to do it?

Has she talked to you about her bloke or are you trying to single handedly 'fix things' even if she doesn't want you to?

avanzato, May 2, 2006
  19. domfjbrown

Heavymental

Remember...a girl might moan about her bloke til the cows come home but she'll still love him so don't go assuming anything and tread carefully. I dunno if the 'knight in shining armour' image ever comes good.

Heavymental, May 2, 2006
  20. domfjbrown

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Dom, you have been warned. Your perspective is very much unlikley to be her perspective unless you are certain there is chemistry.

If she does not feel as you and you are making a 'big dealâ„¢' out of this then she will probably think you are a bit weird.

Trust me on this one, because there is not a man on earth who has not made a prat of himself after falling in 'love'

Love typically is not nearly as emotionally f**ed up as infatuation.

My feeling is she is not the one for you, be her friend as she is yours and keep looking mate.

garyi, May 2, 2006
Ask a Question