Sub/Sat active speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rory, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Rory

Rory satisfied

Some suggestions please- i'm not going to pay more than £50 and don't mind if they're 2nd hand (i.e. Ebay). They are for my PC as its in a different room and don't have a lot of space. Just a 2.1 setup

I was really after the Acoustic Energy Aego 2s, but the cheapest I can find them is £80 and for just a secondary setup thats too much.

So just some model numbers for recommended Yamahas, Altec Lansing, Logitech, even those daft Harman Kardon soundsticks maybe if they're PC compatible...

you get the jist

cheers

Rory, Mar 6, 2004
  2. Rory

Tenson Moderator

I had a 2.1 system made by 'Nicole'

I got it for around £40 from a computer sale and it realy does sound pretty good. After me, my brother got a pair as well.

Why not use headhones? £50 will get you something nice!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004
    Tenson, Mar 6, 2004
  3. Rory

Tenson Moderator

I couldn't help noticing your 'noisy mains ' problem.

I happen to have a mains power conditioner at the moment brand new that I would let you have for £65 if you are interested?

I have the same one myself and it is very good, especially as it takes practically all plug types ;)

Let me know, I can take a few pictures of my one or whatever..

Tenson, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Rory

Gambit Junior Vice President

Gambit, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Rory

Rory satisfied

thanx for suggestions
    for all those interested
    i received these today:
    [​IMG]
    from
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....3702&item=2792094640&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWN:IT

for £22 all in inc. delivery and VAT I am completely bowled over.

excellent midrange and treble. bass extension is fantastic really for a 6inch bass unit. only shortfall is typical of all sub/sat packages i've heard- lack of top bass/low midrange

the shop, accessible via the ebay link has similar items in stock for the same money and are warmly recommended if you're after a very cheap but extremely effective small solution

Rory, Mar 10, 2004
  6. Rory

Rory satisfied

oh and tenson, thanx for the offer of the conditioner- my Black Rhodium mains block is "supposed" to purify the mains... recently i've been trying to track down which of my components has been contributing to the really noisy mains hum and didn't find one!! i'm putting it down to dirty mains in my area-its only an issue when i put my stereo amp up to 12 o clock (i.e. in AV mode, being fed from my av amps's pre-outs)

Rory, Mar 10, 2004
Ask a Question