sugden drawer cog broken

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by peez, Sep 1, 2007.

1. peez

peez

Hi everyone,
    the gear cog on my sugden sdt 1 cd player has lost it's teeth, so the
    drawer no longer opens , any ideas on where I can get a new one easily, i suppose i could send it back to sugden but am looking for a slightly easier alternative first, its a plastic thisg and connects to the drawer motor by rubber belt, and when the motor spins the cog teeth turn opening tthe drawer.

peez, Sep 1, 2007
  2. peez

zanash

try sugden !

if your stuck and like the player ...stick some tape on the draw so you can open and close by hand till you have found a replacment.

zanash, Sep 1, 2007
  3. peez

Emmodd

Is it one of these? If so, try Partspeed.

Attached Files:

Emmodd, Sep 1, 2007
  4. peez

peez

It is indeed one of those, and I have thankfully found one on ebay for £8 so am happy now, but a big Thank You for all the geed advise, Pete, I will take your advice until it arrives.

peez, Sep 1, 2007
  5. peez

Emmodd

oh dear. I bought 8 for £17 last week when one went on my Arcam. Partspeed are much better value (and send boiled sweets with each order).

Emmodd, Sep 2, 2007
  6. peez

peez

oh well, have you by chance got their web address? I was glad to get one, and at least it was cheaper than sending the cdp back to sugden. I will probably order some extra spares from partspeed as i do really like the cdp - my dad made me some of the wooden blocks with ball bearings on top in the diy thread and with those it does sound v good , and some attenuators that come from Zanash - even though the amp and cdp are designed to go together the attenuators work bloody miracles with my a21a.

peez, Sep 2, 2007
  7. peez

Emmodd

Ask a Question