Swiss Time was running out

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by wadia-miester, Nov 17, 2003.

1. wadia-miester

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

When Titain & the 'Motley Crew' left after a 'Hard days' food & music fest yesterday.
    Lilolee had kindly volenteered to bring the assorted misfits to the quiet south west back water, for a social :D
    Graham N, Sideshow,Lilolee & Titain, who has been visiting the Uk over the weekend (no doubt treated to some dubious UK alcoholic beverages by the 'crew' :) ) come around for a long time catch up and chilled afternoon jawing session.
    Sideshows & Titains first time, in the den of iniquity, so a new experiance for them, Timpy also managed to drag himself away from programming for a hour or 2 to join in the fun.
    The highlights of the day for me, were sideshows slow & gentle introduction to death plink via mid 70's thrash punk & spaced out sax players herbalising on 'Trill Out-takes'. Graham couldn't resist the 'Organ music' torture either, some classic greats we too played, even sound good to my 'jaded thwack induced lug holes'
    :cool: a decent relaxed afternoon spent in good company & reasonable food (I didn't poison anybody, so a small plus there)
    I think Titain & Sideshow, got a jist of the thwackometer and how Wm likes his vibes, but the day was cool, and the best part of was, most people there had total opposite tastes and presentations in music, yet gelled together like long lost friends, each 'seeing the other points of view' maybe not 'digging it' but viewing it from another angle.
    I spoil them a bit with 3 wadias, but kit changes we done and dusted in 4 or 5 mins flat, and never got in the way of the music.
    A big thanks to Titain for making the long trip, to Lee for well just being Lee, Ian for being there too and to Mister motor head who spared my eardrums thanks for a great day guys.
    I to was a good boy, only once venturing into the relms of Steve Vi & Eric Johnson. Wm

wadia-miester, Nov 17, 2003
  2. wadia-miester

Graham C

Tony, can you not get a lottery grant for all this? Or maybe something from the National trust or English heritage? After all, most of their stuff is only open March-September.
    I must book myself on one of these visits before you become the official "Wolds/Malverns dynamic hifi show"

cheers, and keep up the good work

Graham C

Graham C, Nov 18, 2003
  3. wadia-miester

merlin

I for one would love to know what Titian really thought. Sadly I suspect he will keep his true thoughts to himself.;)

merlin, Nov 18, 2003
  4. wadia-miester

sideshowbob Trisha

Merlin, you stirrer.

Thanks to Tone for looking after us. Titian had a grand tour of four systems: mine, GrahamN's, Lilolee's, and WM's. No doubt he's now completely changed his mind about hi-fi and has decided to buy active ATCs. :D

Hopefully he'll post some thoughts.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Nov 18, 2003
  5. wadia-miester

merlin

Oh now come on Ian, you know me better than that;)

Now are you suggesting he preferred the accuracy of the ATC to the wholesome musicality of the two Meadowlark offerings he sampled:confused:

Nod and a wink old chap;)

merlin, Nov 18, 2003
  6. wadia-miester

titian

Thoughts about what? Weather? England? The persons I met? The food? The cats I saw?
    or the girls, woman....

I am writing everything down at the moment, I just came back from Zurich (I gave my damn turntable, parts of it!, for revision). After this posting I will continue my report.
    Not all my thoughts will be available for the members... I am especially thinking of those I had when Graham and I were passing through the disco area of Guildford on Friday night :beer: :banana: :boogie: :groupies: :elephant: :jig:

For the moment I want to thank you all Tone, Ian, Graham and Lee not only for the fantastic hospitality but also for the discussions, listening to hifi and concerts. I think also that these visits are a success only when the different people are on the same wave length.
    It was really exceptional the weekend and I would repeat it at any time.
    Thanks again

titian, Nov 18, 2003
  7. wadia-miester

merlin

Oh no! The thought of Mr Naylor curb crawling down Eden street at 2 in the morning, ICE cranked up, leaning out of the window whilst asking young girls of schooling age if they fancy coming back to his place for a quick oratorio is more than I can take at lunch time:tempted:

merlin, Nov 18, 2003
Ask a Question