Synthetic Soundscapes

Discussion in 'General Music' started by ListeningEar, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

I will be airing a new radio show very soon on a local community radio station called Secklow Sounds here in Milton Keynes. It's all volunteer run but hopefully next year we will have everything in order to obtain our FM license.

Anyway,...my show will concentrate on how music has been influenced by electronics, I will try and cover all genres of music where synths, drum machines, effects, samplers, etc., etc. have played their part. Show will be broadcast live over the net and it will also be available for download immediately after the show. Once I am ready to go live I will notify the forum again and ask that you promote it to all your contacts no matter where in the world they are.

Just like to add that this is not my show but the listeners show, so if you have any ideas or requests please PM me. Maybe you would like a slice of Mellotron, a strong mix of musique concrete, screaming synths, 808/909's,...the list is endless and so is your choice.

Take care,

Craig
    aka DJ Werkz

ListeningEar, Oct 18, 2013
  2. ListeningEar

Tenson Moderator

Look forward to it, do let us know when to tune in our listening ears.

Recording equipment also changed music as did the electronic instruments. Stuff like the DAW (digital audio workstation) makes production and effects far more dense today than they were with multi-track tape, even ADAT. AutoTune too has changed the vocal sound we hear on 90% of recordings today.

Tenson, Oct 18, 2013
  3. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Greetings!

Newsflash: Starting December 1st each week on Sunday nights between 8-10pm I will be taking listeners on a musical journey through all things 'electronic'. Basically the show will concentrate on all genres of music going back decades showing how electronic music and the use of technology in music has developed.

If you can't listen live you will be able to access copies of the recorded program on Spreaker, Mixcloud and Soundcloud. My pilot show which was only an hour long is available on the link below, this was put together to give the station managers a taste of what I will be doing and to get their approval:

http://www.spreaker.com/page#!/user/djwerkz

To listen live simply go to: www.secklowsounds.org and 'listen live' each Sunday night between 8-10pm.

I will be taking requests and any ideas/suggestions you have for the show. You can email me at [email protected]

Secklow Sounds is a community radio station based in Milton Keynes which currently broadcasts on the internet, however next year we hope to have our FM license too.

I have already received some requests from some forum users for some Mellotron, Theremin and Musique Concrete material, I can easily play something from these genres but if there is something in particular you would like to hear just let me know.

Keep listening!

PS. As of today 19/11/2013 the Secklow Sounds website has yet to be updated with my presenter profie and show details.

ListeningEar, Nov 19, 2013
  4. ListeningEar

nando nando

I Used To Work For Island Records In The 70's Now Trying To Promote Colourradio.com And On Dab.

nando, Nov 19, 2013
Ask a Question