Tannoy12" Red + Tannoy Canterbury Cabinets

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by TheMooN, Dec 28, 2006.

1. TheMooN

TheMooN

am Reluctantly offering my Superb Tannoy 12" Red Drivers together with an Original pair of Tannoy Canterbury Cabinets The drivers are Early Red's sporting Orange dust covers which I am reliably informed utilized the same component parts as the earlier Silver's thus sound sublime The Canterbury's would benefit from a re cloth covering and a little wax however are still Beautifully proportioned Original Tannoys

Highly Desirable ~ Rare ~ Sublime Musical Presentation ~ A pair recently sold on ebay ~ £2750 !

Looking For £2000 ~ Overseas Interest Welcome However Shipping Must Be arranged by the Buyer

Part Ex Concidered on the following Pye Amplifier models HF12 HF25 PF91

UK Delivery Costs to be advised ~ Collection From London can be arranged

Contact Felix on 07814804701 or felixkat(at)f2s(dot)com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
    TheMooN, Dec 28, 2006
  2. TheMooN

djdstone

Sell the drivers on eBay - that's the only place you'll get that kind of money.

djdstone, Dec 30, 2006
  3. TheMooN

Andy 831

15" reds and golds seem to regularly sell for between £750-£1000 or so, so not really sure that Ebay is the answer

Andy 831, Dec 30, 2006
  4. TheMooN

djdstone

Try Audiogon then - I have sold a pair for a friend and the best offers come from Japan. That means that eBay is probably the best best IMHO.

djdstone, Dec 31, 2006
  5. TheMooN

TheMooN

Thanks for the input gents :) I'm hoping to find a local buyer as it would be nice were these to remain in the UK however as you say e-bay tends to attract the big monies !

Andy ~ I would love to see a pair of 15" Reds going for sub £1000as I would buy them like a shot !

TheMooN, Jan 5, 2007
  6. TheMooN

djdstone

I very much doubt that you'll get that kind of money in the UK. In my experience the only people who are prepared to pay those prices and based in the USA or Japan. Ditch the cabinets and sell the drivers and the crossovers, and that's how you'll make the price you want.

djdstone, Jan 5, 2007
  7. TheMooN

la toilette Downright stupid

I doubt that you'd actually consider ditching the cabinets, but if you go completely mad and do so (or if you happen to sell the drivers/xovers separately) do let me know, as I love those old corner cabs and my Golds would fit in nicely!

There's a pair of corner Chatsworths with 12" reds on ebay at the moment for over £2k, so I would say your price is about right.

la toilette, Jan 8, 2007
  8. TheMooN

Andy 831

Felix

Maybe cos they are 12" REDS rather than golds they may attract slightly more, but check out 15" golds on completed items on ebay and the price is as i said.

Never heard Reds, do they sound that much better than golds?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
    Andy 831, Jan 8, 2007
  9. TheMooN

la toilette Downright stupid

The type of cabinet has a big impact on the price, and people seem to like the corner cabs in particular - I saw a pair of 15" Golds in corner Lancasters go for 2K, whereas pairs in rectangular cabs can go for as low as £800 as you say (but often a fair bit more). Check out the pair of corner Yorks on ebay - over 3k with 6 days left:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=250065625820&rd=1&rd=1
    The drivers are probably 15 years different in age, so they probably won't even be a really well matched pair!

Same with later cabinets, for 12" drivers Chatsworths are more desirable than the Lancasters, especially if they're corner cabs.

Reds are seen as much more desirable than golds, and silvers are even more sought after. Over the last five years I've personally owned a single 12" Black, a single 12" Silver, a pair of 10" Reds, a pair of 12" Golds (current pair), three pairs of 12" HPD's, a pair of Little Red Monitors, a pair of 12" Bradleys, and a pair of 10" DC200's....so a taste of everything from the 50's to the 80's.

If I could choose a pair from all that I've tried, I'd have a pair of Silvers as the one I briefly had just seemed to have an extra 10% of clarity and loveliness about it. But, I sold my single silver for £900 :)eek: :D ) without a cabinet, and my pair of Golds only cost me £425, and they sound almost as good.

I also preferred the 12" Golds to the 15" Golds when auditioned side by side, both in Lancaster cabs, but there wasn't much in it.

la toilette, Jan 8, 2007
  10. TheMooN

Andy 831

Intersting thread that is really whetting my appetite for the arrival at weekend of my new GRF Memory speakers.

Andy 831, Jan 8, 2007
Ask a Question