TDL - RTL4 Speakers - any info ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by common, Nov 4, 2003.

1. common

common

A mate has just been offered a pair of these - any idea of quality and 2nd hand value ??

Thanks
    ________
    The View Condo Pattaya

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    common, Nov 4, 2003
  2. common

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

"Total boom & tizz, too big, not enough control", "a mansion needed along with an amp with a vice like grip then maybe consider copyright Mr speakers@timpy2003

wadia-miester, Nov 4, 2003
  3. common

Lt Cdr Data om

having said that, its time for one of datas theories...

once the founding father dies the company is no longer the same.

With clever bods around that bring their uniqueness, once they go, the company tends to go to pot without him. Naim is not exempt.

I got the TDL g30s from richers...they were DIRE....no bass esp for the size, and a supposed RTL. They went right back

Lt Cdr Data, Nov 4, 2003
  4. common

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I bought my brother a pair of TDL nucleus 2s lately, but this is a completely different beast, from the company several changes of ownership later and a different philosophy (they're not at all bad, but that's another story).

RTLs were all transmission line designs, from the RTL1 standmount (my grandfather had a pair, at my direction after a dem... they were pretty good) through the RTL 2 (floorstander. I demmed these too and wasn't too impressed... bought the B&W 602s instead (also demmed mission's 751 and 733)), 3 and 4 (which added more drivers, longer transmission line and more money). I've not heard the larger RTLs.

I-S, Nov 4, 2003
Ask a Question